THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
So I got this AWESOME present from Phubar and GTR. It's a Roast Red Pork Marinade.

Problem is I don't speak a lick of Dutch.

Here is a recipe I found for the marinade, and the best translation I could find/piece together.

Ingrediënten:
400 gr Kotomisi Basmati
1 mandarijn
3 teentjes knoflook
1 pot (360ml) Faja Lobi Roast Red Pork Trafasie (vers bereide marinade)
1 kg varkenslappen
boter

Bereidingswijze:
STAP 1: Kotomisi Basmati volgens gebruiksaanwijzing op de verpakking bereiden.
STAP 2: Mandarijn en knoflook uitpersen en mengen met de Roast Red Pork Trafasie (marinade).
STAP 3: Marineer de varkenslappen hiermee 2-3 uur of marineer het een nacht van tevoren.
STAP 4: Leg het vlees op een ovenschaal, verdeel de overblijvende marinade erover en leg op elk stuk vlees een klontje boter.
STAP 5: Rooster het vlees 10-15 minuten op de barbecue, hetelucht- of in de elektrische oven op 200 graden gaar.

Ingredients:
400 gr Kotomisi Basmati
1 Mandarin Orange
3 cloves garlic
1 jar (360ml) Faja Lobi Roast Pork Marinade
1 kg (2 lbs) pork chops
butter

Cooking Instructions:
STEP 1: Cook Kotomisi Basmati according to instructions on the package.
STEP 2: Squeeze Mandarin, mince garlic, and mix with the Roast Red Pork Marinade in a bag.
STEP 3: Add pork. Marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
STEP 4: Place the chops on a try. Take the remaining marinade and spread over the chops. Dot each chop with butter. Leg the flesh on a furnace scale, divides the residual marinade and leg on each piece flesh a cube butter.
STEP 5: Cook the chops 10-15 minutes on the barbecue, grill or electric oven (toaster oven??) at 200 degrees (Celsius, 392 degrees Fahrenheit technically, but most sources say 400).

How close am I?

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I usually just drop a couple pork tenderloins in that stuPh for 4-6 hours & they turn out great! Phu was saying he'd marinate belly in it for several days - it has low acidity. I'd say iPh you hit up Phu he'll have some great ideas Phor ya - the man knows of what he speaks!

Are you sure you don't speak Dutch, that's pretty much spot on!!

"ovenschaal" usually refers to a ceramic or glass oven dish, not a metal tray.

I had forgotten all about Google Translate, and pieced it together.

A glass tray/dish means I have to do this in the oven or broiler. Hmmmm...

Back