THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Last time I did the Big Chop was kind of a disaster financially.

Originally when I set up the Minnie Howell Good Vittles and Wood Cookery Society, brisket was like 88 cents a pound and there was no Franklin's BBQ, there were very few people doing hot and fast, and selling it with no frills and on butcher paper or 2 lb french fry bowls. The goal was to raise funds while giving our buyers an incredible amount of meat.

So what made the last Big Chop event bad was when I slated it my customers had been programmed to expect nearly half a pound of brisket, PLUS sausage and two sides for $8. I used to make a tidy profit. Then, and most of you will remember this, brisket shot up nearly to the $2 and what was worse was there was a recall. I had to return all I bought and HEB would not give it to me at the OLD price.

Anyway, I could not really reduce the amount I gave OR raise the price. I ended up netting maybe $500.

Well this time, after watching my old friend Neil and helping out at the G Town Bash I decided it had been long enough for people to forget that and have redone the "Big Chop" as a one/two meat plate with three choices. Brisket, Turkey Breasts and Sausage for 10 and 13 bucks respectively.

So... here is the internet Commercial for next week.

Please click it and pump it up for me.

[ame]http://youtu.be/IUePLtrvrKw[/ame]

Also, there is an official Good Vittles Facebook Page... Please "like" it.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/goodvittlesbbq

Those turkey breasts go me drooling!!!! Hope it all works out Donnie! Great cause too!

Bob

Last edited:
Looks great, Donnie. I wish our church's BBQ ministry was as polished as yours. Our United Methodist Men's annual Labor Day brisket cook & sale is coming up and even though our results don't come anywhere near yours, we sold 88 cooked briskets last year and had to turn away some customers because our pit only holds 44 at a time. Now if I can only get our would-be pitmasters to watch your videos so they can figure out what they are doing wrong (overcooking). :pray:

Back