Thank You to The Brethren!

Awesome story!
I actually got into BBQ because of my dad... it's great to hear of other families passing along the fun of low and slow cooking and just spending time together.

Congrats on the wins!

Well you ruined your daughter.....she will probably marry some tycoon that looks like hollywood...... but in the back of her head she will be thinking....”I wish he cooked like dad”!!!!.........awesome awesome post.....congrats brother

Congrats to you and your daughter, Frank. The funny thing about your story is that I could have signed my name to it because so much of it mirrors the same experience for my daughter and me. We even cooked lollipops for our chicken, which we had been struggling with, and we won. Our only prize, but the memories outweighed it.

Thanks very much for the kind words. Suffice to say Father's Day came early for me this summer.

Kinda crazy to think of all that can happen during a comp. We went in to it with a plan, but as noted thinker / philosopher Mike Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." We took a left-right combo when the ribs were taken off our table mid-slice, but we shook it off. I have a whole new appreciation for the time & effort people put into competitive BBQ.

Awesome story! Would love to hangout and have you teach me how to make chicken lollipops someday ;) Just moved to MN last September and it's really nice to know there's a real BBQ community here. Thank you.

Splendiferous tale indeed!

I think I would have knifed there hands to the table and taken back the ribs.... hope my critters wants to cook with me someday!!!

Congrats on the experience with your daughter. My wife already thinks I’m out of control with the smokers so entering a comp would push her over the edge lol

Totally awesome! Even better doing it with your daughter! Trophies are nice too but, not the most important part. :wink:

Back