THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
I am 75% certain I am hosting a Super Bowl party. There's like a million ideas going in my head. I figured to start a thread like Andy did last year to put up ideas and questions.

For me, with the arrival of my deep fryer, I think I want to do at least wings, try my hand at some sides, maybe ribs, pulled pork? It's a ways out, but Every time I don't plan things out, it'll be super bowl before I know it. Most likely it's gonna be 20-30 people for me.

Superb Owl Sunday is always fun! Make a vat of that cheese sauce, add some green chiles, maybe jalapenos. Chips 'n pretzels/pretzel bites for dipping.

26a8a150079c163812cf9095eb6085a1.jpg

I am 75% certain I am hosting a Super Bowl party. There's like a million ideas going in my head. I figured to start a thread like Andy did last year to put up ideas and questions.

For me, with the arrival of my deep fryer, I think I want to do at least wings, try my hand at some sides, maybe ribs, pulled pork? It's a ways out, but Every time I don't plan things out, it'll be super bowl before I know it. Most likely it's gonna be 20-30 people for me.

All the above sounds about right!! +1 for the smokefried wings JIMSMOKES mentioned.

As stated earlier all the above sounds good. The more you you make the mor options and there are always to go plates left overs and left overs. One suggestion are cubban sandwich fingers.

And I need to figure out playing and serving stuff too. Chafers/chafing dishes etc. never used them..may need to figure that out too.

Keeping everything warm/fresh/edible is what your challenge will be, so I would let that drive the menu. It's great to make a bunch of things for people to taste, but if there are things that you cannot hold at proper temperature, no Bueno.

It's my favorite event of the year. I don't sportsball, at all, not even a little. But, it's the one day where I don't get any grief for how much food I want to take. It's always an absurd amount-given that it's 6-8 adults, and 2 of those are vegans.. I don't have my menu in place yet, but I'm sure it will be enough for 30+ people :grin:

I usually make for "finger foods" like smoked Meatballs, smoked Sausage links sliced into bite sized pieces, Pork Shots (big Favorite) . Sometimes I will make Pulled Pork Egg Rolls. Usually I do it the evening before and then do a low temp re-heat in oven, and put in chafing dishes.
Pulled Pork Sliders are always a winner, and a Pulled Pork cheese dip.

Just some ideas for you.

In the Midwest, it is a law at any sporting event party you have to have Buffalo Chicken Dip. Basically chicken, franks, ranch and cream cheese. Eat with chips or really any way.

Other that that, I like to theme my foods a little bit. Have Cheese Steaks if Philly is in it, etc.

I usually make for "finger foods" like smoked Meatballs, smoked Sausage links sliced into bite sized pieces, Pork Shots (big Favorite) . Sometimes I will make Pulled Pork Egg Rolls. Usually I do it the evening before and then do a low temp re-heat in oven, and put in chafing dishes.
Pulled Pork Sliders are always a winner, and a Pulled Pork cheese dip.

Just some ideas for you.

Thanks!

I was planning on doing that with the Italian and polish sausage I have made earlier this month. Fingers crossed my capicola will be done by then too.

In the Midwest, it is a law at any sporting event party you have to have Buffalo Chicken Dip. Basically chicken, franks, ranch and cream cheese. Eat with chips or really any way.

Other that that, I like to theme my foods a little bit. Have Cheese Steaks if Philly is in it, etc.

Mrs Snadamo is From Nebraska. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a given...and one of my faves anyway :)

No one makes ABT's anymore? They are always a hit at my house.

Usually make dove poppers, but I haven't been able to go out in the field last few seasons....Next year I hope!

I have plenty of bacon (10lbs) to smoke tomorrow so ABTs could be in the cards!

Back