THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They have a short video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGVZAd03mVg&ab_channel=SpiderGrills

Overall it looks interesting. They are saying there will be some kind of deflector plate to allow for 2 zone cooking, so we'll see how it all works out. Definitely a cool idea, and the price point is pretty solid.

I don't know much about Spider Grills, but definitely like seeing new stuff in the BBQ market.

Looks interesting. It won’t be as efficient as a normal kamado but I’ve had good luck with my kettle and slow & sear and it should be easily as efficient as that — with greater ease on the temperature control. Doesn’t look like it has a lot of headroom — but hard to tell how it compares to other designs.

I have the Spider Venom on my Weber 22. I like it a lot. The new grill looks very interesting. I like the front door access to the charcoal - much easier to add charcoal for a long cook. But the $750 introductory price is a bit more than I'd like to pay. And that's a good chunk off the list price. If I didn't have my Weber already... maybe. Looks good though.

Back