THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HawgPound

Found some matches.
I loaned my Southern Pride SPK 500 to someone for a charity event a couple of months ago and right before they were going to put the butts on, they discovered that the circuit breaker kept tripping. I was out of town and could not investigate the problem myself. They ended up getting a 5 amp motor, changed the wire connectors on the smoker side, and bypassed the circuit breaker. I have since had the original motor ( GE 5KC33ENB118X) repaired and I am trying to reinstall it. I need help with how the wires should be connected. On the smoker side I have 2 white, 1 brown, 1 black, and the ground. The diagram on the motor shows a brown, white, red, and black connector. They are using the smoker for a charity event again tomorrow and I cannot find any info or connection diagrams for the southern pride rotisserie motor. Can anybody tell me how to connect the motor or post a picture of how the motor with the terminal cover off? Here is a picture of the motors label: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/southern-pride-353004-rotation-motor/HP353004.html

Last edited:
I am not home , so can't look at smoker, call southern pride and they are very helpful and tech will talk you through, they have helped through issues in the past, great service

Back