THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just looked up the dates for Memphis in May and it appears to be the same weekend as this bash, so the quicker I can make the reservation for the pavilion the better. I have been looking at state parks near Nashville and I think Cedars of Lebanon will work great. There are currently 20 (+or-) campsites in areas 2&3 which appears to be close to the pavilion that I have my eyes on. The park is approximately a half hour from Nashville and there are several hotels/motels around Lebanon in case you aren't camping.

I like the date and location!
I can avoid nashville, always a good thing.
Our family members live just Northeast of the park, in the Springfield-White House- Orlinda triangle.
Might get a few of them to drop by.

I just spoke to someone at the park that I had my eyes on and I told her that we may want to have a couple of beers while we cook and we certainly will be drinking a toast to our brethren that have gone on before us and she said that alcohol was prohibited there. Is that a deal breaker for most or should I try to find another place?

I just spoke to someone at the park that I had my eyes on and I told her that we may want to have a couple of beers while we cook and we certainly will be drinking a toast to our brethren that have gone on before us and she said that alcohol was prohibited there. Is that a deal breaker for most or should I try to find another place?

It was not (technically) allowed at the Texas bashes either. Everyone was discrete with a coozie for cans or a cup for other beverages. We also fed the park Rangers. :wink:

When we had the Chicago bashes they were always at a Cook County Forest Preserve, because all the other counties prohibited booze. But like Mike said, we were discretely boozing at the North Texas bash, South Texas bash not as discrete.

Is it the 4th for sure Ron?
Nowadays, you have to pay up front for most campground reservations is why I ask.

The person that I spoke with said that the park manager wanted to know more about the gathering we have planned, so they sent me a special use application wanting more detailed information, so I have to send that in and pay once approved. Since May 4 seemed to work for everyone, we'll stick with that date.

Back