THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Might try tenting the woodpile and filling it with smoke. Cardboard egg cartons smoldering in a soup can with a few vent holes punched in the bottom works well. Or one (some?) of those pellet tube smokers.

WOW! Went out on the patio (open except for roof) today and I had laid a grill cover over the section of the rack. Pulled it off and found scads of very small bugs crawling underneath. Two of them could fit on the head of a pin. They were not chiggers and moved fast to get out of the sunlight. I'm liking that tenting idea C4B.

If you are not comfortable using chemicals, then burning the wood in a smoker/cooker will still work.Just spray down really good with some type(deet) or insect repellant before handling the wood.

Not sure if your wood is stacked.. but if so.. I will occasionally take my weed burner to my woodpile. Wet the surrounding area and spray the wood a bit with a water hose. A weed buner on full blast just waved across the wood a few times quickly takes quick care of bugs hiding within. Don't stop long enough to ignite anything but going across the face and getting in between even for a split second gets rid of critters. Even the ones burrowed inside try to escape the heat and when they show there slimy face... Poof.. get em on the next pass as they head for the hills.

And... Keep the garden hose nearby just in case. :shock:

get a box of dryer sheets smear the whole box around the shed bugs tend to breath trough there skin the smell of the sheets will suficate them at least yona don`t halve a rattlesnake in your wood pile it`s quite the thrill :eek::eek:

Back