THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
With lots of extra smoked chicken from the weekend it's already time to make it into something. Finally venturing out into new recipes using the vitamix that aren't milkshakes, smoothies or drinks that have booze in them :). So grabbed a soup recipe from the vitamix book that I could add smoked chicken to. Broccoli cheese ended up being that choice. See the recipe here. I doubled the recipe and used 2% milk and cheese that has lots of fat. The recipe seemed like it wouldn't have enough seasoning with only that bullion cube, but I waited till the end to add more as needed.

Also been dabbling in more bread making and as I was searching for bread bowl recipes I stumbled upon a pretzel bread bowl one and went that route. Here is that recipe.

Here's the action

Blurrily kneading dough

Dough ready to rest/rise for an hour

Steaming the broccoli

Steamed and sampling for quality control

I also used half an onion instead of the measly teaspoon it wanted and sauteed it

Stacked and ready. Started it once the bread was done

Dough had risen and made 3 balls

Boiling the balls for about a minute. I also doubled the water and baking soda as it didn't seem the recipe would be enough. Glad I did

Here they are done and buttered

Cut out a top. I'll let them bake a little longer next time as they were a smidge doughy in the middle, but I pulled all that out anyways to make room from the soup. The outside of the break was excellent and very pretzel like.

Adding chicken to the soup

And here is the final product

It was really good. The soup definitely needed additional seasoning, but we will be making this one again. And adjusting the baking time will need to happen for the bread. I see regular soft pretzels in my future and by future I mean tomorrow night when I make them and use the vitamix to make some to be determined cheese dipping sauce :becky:

So re-adding the pictures since photobucket decided to remove the originals. Doesn't make a lot of sense without them :-D.

Blurrily kneading dough

Dough ready to rest/rise for an hour

Steaming the broccoli

Steamed and sampling for quality control

I also used half an onion instead of the measly teaspoon it wanted and sauteed it

Stacked and ready. Started it once the bread was done

Dough had risen and made 3 balls

Boiling the balls for about a minute. I also doubled the water and baking soda as it didn't seem the recipe would be enough. Glad I did

Here they are done and buttered

Cut out a top. I'll let them bake a little longer next time as they were a smidge doughy in the middle, but I pulled all that out anyways to make room from the soup. The outside of the break was excellent and very pretzel like.

Adding chicken to the soup

And here is the final product

It was really good. The soup definitely needed additional seasoning, but we will be making this one again. And adjusting the baking time will need to happen for the bread. I see regular soft pretzels in my future and by future I mean tomorrow night when I make them and use the vitamix to make some to be determined cheese dipping sauce :becky:

looks good! i made some killer black bean soup the other day in my vitamix. although i find that it made it too smooth. I like some lumps in my soup :)

pretzel dough bread bowls look amazing!!

looks good! i made some killer black bean soup the other day in my vitamix. although i find that it made it too smooth. I like some lumps in my soup :)

pretzel dough bread bowls look amazing!!

I felt exactly the same way about it being too smooth. Other than the chicken at the end which I blended on speed 4 so it just diced it a little. Next time I'll blend all of the liquid ingredients and half of the solids and chunk the other half of solids at the end. Crazy how well the blender works :crazy:.

Back