School night ribs

blockhd

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Rok
Hey guys,

I was a bit bored today and during my ride home from work, i decided to BBQ some "St.Louis" ribs on my BDS.

Used just mustard as a binder and salt&pepper mix.

Ribs are on for 2 hours now... At 3h i will wrap them. I dont want to baste with BBQ sauce as i dont like my ribs sticky, can i do last hour unwrapped but without any sauce baste? Or should i heep rolling 3h wrapped?

Some pics:

Coal box fired up with heat gun
A5jhJMYm.jpg

Ribs on
BtIpB34m.jpg

Thin blue rolling
Ss3fg7Xm.jpg

I had some temp swings up to 130°C (270F), bit generally quite stable at 110-115°C (230-240F). I need to stop fiddling with vent.... 😄😄

Will keep you updated before wrap.

Cheers

Personally, I don't care for the 3-2-1 method, I just throw them on the grates and go. I'm also not a fan of saucing on the smoker. I dry rub and that's it. Maybe spritz if I'm feeling feisty.

I feel there is not enough bark on them, but honestly, its just salt and pepper rubbed. Also, cherry wood chunks. What do you guys think?

Final result below. Salt&pepper rub is a winner. Ribs delicious, fall of the bone texture. A bit too fatty for my taste, but soooo juicy. Hope you like the pics.

HQ5Y2RNm.jpg

r5AdCe1m.jpg

Color improved drastically during last hour at 300ish.

- Rok

Those look fantastic and sometimes a simple salt and pepper rub is ALL you need!

I watched a 3-2-1 vs no wrap video today and honestly... I think i will just try no wrap next time. Ribs might get a bit drier, but on the other hand, even more grease will render and this should balance things quite even.... Or maybe i will consider foil boat...

I've never wrapped ribs and have never had anyone complain. I actually don't see the point in wrapping.

Back