THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right on Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Ran across this article today at work (we keep track of lots of retailers)

https://www.grocerydive.com/news/sams-club-stocks-usda-prime-beef-in-all-stores/548012/

Quote from the article
After a successful pilot program in 200 of its store locations during 2018, Sam's Club told Grocery Dive in an email that it now offers USDA prime beef at all retail locations, including a variety of popular cuts like tenderloin, ribeye, striploin, sirloin and whole briskets.

Haven't been to our local Sam's yet to check for briskets but looking forward to comparing their selection to Costco.

Looking forward to having more prime beef selection. :clap2:

Saw them in So Cal this week. As best as I can recall, I believe the packaging is identical to what was previously carried by Costco

My local Sam's has carried prime brisket for awhile now. They only ever have two or three in the cooler at a time, compared to the pile of select briskets they have out. Weird part is that they have whole select and prime, but choice flats.

We don’t have a Sam’s up here in NorCal and so I hope they aren’t snagging Costco’s supplier. Just picked up a nice 10lb prime there at $3.29/lb.

I saw them at my Sam's this week and they looked pretty rough...they were half folded inside the cryovac and generally looked unappealing. Price here was $3.48/Lb, which is about right I guess.

Never seen them in my Sam's. I'd be surprised if they ever started.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally Sams Club! I've been with Sams Club 8 years. A few weeks ago I debated about dropping my account. Especially with their new Smithfield ribs. Very disappointing. This couldn't have come at a better time. I'm so glad Sams is stepping up their game.

Thanks for the heads up!

My Sam's has had prime ribeyes and tenderloin for a couple years, but I have never seen any other cuts. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Too bad most of the Sam's around here were shut down the last year or two. I liked the meat so much better than Costco. Still haven't renewed my Costco membership after I bought my Big Joe a few years back.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I generally make a special trip to Costco a few times a month just for the prime briskets and not much of anything else we buy all the foam and foil stocks regularly at Sam's this is good news.

Its funny how different the Sam's clubs must be. They obviously have a method to their madness but mine has had prime briskets for years and a butcher counter for several that has prime and wagyu steaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are apparently lots of promos for Sams club. A buddy mentioned it to me last month. My membership had lapsed so I did a search for the promos. Found one where I just clicked through another site, and was given a $45 credit back after I spent $45 in the store-so the membership was free!

edit- https://slickdeals.net/f/12632374-s...sions-apply?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1 might be worth checking out if you need a membership.

Its funny how different the Sam's clubs must be. The obviously have a method to their madness but mine has had prime briskets for years and a butcher counter for several that has prime and wagyu steaks.

You're also in the Walton's backyard. Makes sense that they would treat their local customers really well. It is pretty interesting though. We stop at Sam's on our way back from Bikes Blues every year and pick up some stuff.

You're also in the Walton's backyard. Makes sense that they would treat their local customers really well. It is pretty interesting though. We stop at Sam's on our way back from Bikes Blues every year and pick up some stuff.

It's not even out of the way from Bikes and Blues! I know they make these stores their flagships, but it still suprises me with the way they can basically dictate prices and do whatever they want that there would be so much variation.

This explains a lot. I finally found a prime packer at Sam's this past week.. Picked it up. Was .20 more a pound than choice. Was 3.48 a lb

I really hope this forces other wholesale places in my area to carry Prime at a reasonable price. Nobody in my area has prime whole packers. RD, Costco,BJ's, none of them.

Several in KC do as well - both the ones I frequent...Independence and Overland Park. Theyre remodeling stores to include the expanded meat department.

Back