THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21234rick

Full Fledged Farker
This is my cook thread for the Sausage and Beer throwdown.

When I first saw this thrown down, I was disinterested because I am not a fan of typical German wursts, or of Octoberfest beers. So with this in mind, I have taken a slightly different approach...Sausage and Beer - Red, White, and Blue

I went to a local German meat shop called Binkert's. I told them I don't like typical German sausage so them pointed me to some of their other offerings. I bought Chorizo, Debreziner, and Kaese Krainer. the last two i have never had.
48815845082_c6d8314d28_z.jpg

Here is the sausage on the grill. I sliced the Chorizo and Debreziner as they had been boiled. i put the Kaese Krainer on to heat up as it is a smoked sausage that is ready to eat.
48815693281_a4373c25de_z.jpg

Here is what I ended up doing with these sausages...

RED - Grilled Chorizo was simmered in Red wine and honey
WHITE - Debreziner was boiled in a Belgian White Ale, then grilled
BLUE - Kaese Krainer was grilled then served with a LaBatt Blue beer and cheese sauce.
48815955532_88f7e8a3dd_z.jpg

The one thing I learned from this is that I love Debeziner and Kaese Krainer sausage!:clap2::clap2::clap2: I see a lot more of these in my future.

Back