THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
At some point during the week, the Munchkin requested ribs for dinner (like right before dinner time). I explained the process and offered to cook them for Saturday night dinner instead.

Found a reasonably small rack at the local DoD Commissary and I called up some OakRidge Dominator and Sir Porkalot's Rib Rub from Naturiffic in a half & half format.

tnhA1sll.jpg

It was hard work, but I luckily found something to wet my whistle while I fired up the 26er with the SnS.

NPTRB1jl.jpg

After a couple of hours in the 250-275F range with some local oak, I really liked the color.

yJyd8pSl.jpg

Wrapped the bones, added a fatty.

HUd8A3tl.jpg

Hmmm... Sides...?

Well, first of all, why can't you dish out some ribs in a half hour or so, have you never heard of the microwave?? :twisted:
This is gonna be good. Are those coals under the ribs just leftovers from the last cook and unlit?

You got a winner going on!

Are those coals under the ribs just leftovers from the last cook and unlit?

Those are hanging out from my last Vortex cook during the week, and they'll go back in the Vortex tomorrow when I cook up a batch of wings on the 26er.

The ribs have probably dripped on 'em... but it'll be OK. :wink:

Looks great! Wow small world. The same thing went down at our house too. So I too did the ribs and threw on a fatty as well. For sides might I suggest, mashed potatoes (wife's req), mac n cheese and broccoli.

For sides might I suggest, mashed potatoes (wife's req), mac n cheese and broccoli.

Excellent! Thought I noticed smoke signals on the horizon.

CINCHOUSE awoke from her nap and has decreed that we shall have baked beans... and perhaps some mac & cheese. Lots of veg going down 'round ours tonight. :roll: :tsk:

I think we're saving the mashed 'taters experience of the week to go with Thursday's turkey and gravy. Very excited, to be quite honest.

Munchkin has good taste to request ribs, just tell her that " hot and fast" is actually, "hot and not that fast". Hope you all enjoyed them.

Ribs took a rest in the oven on Warm while CINCHOUSE whipped up some Mac & Cheese and doctored up some canned beans.

Applied some appropriate Old Bay to the Mac & Cheese. The canned beans were perfect with some extra garlic, molasses, mustard/ketchup/onion and a little time to simmer..

UvprEzFl.jpg

Shenanigans continue.

Y'all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

Postlude:
- CINCHOUSE noted that she tasted a bit of cinnamon from the ribs (OakRidge Dominator) that she didn't remember before.... that it was really nice.
-These two rubs work well together. Nobody tries to steal the spotlight from the other.

I tried a little Georges Regular Sauce over the bigger, Dominator rib. It was tops, but not necessary.

It's rough... having a few really top-notch BBQ Rub and Seasoning options amongst The Brethren. Take care of them. They are Us. We are They. Damn, They taste good! :shock:

Gosh, Marc. I can't tell you how worried I was that you'd have to smoke those ribs with a dry whistle.

Back to serious mode... Good dads smoke ribs as requested by the little ones... and you're one.

Back