Pellets --- Pit Boss Austin XL sales

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I bought my AXL 26 months ago for $250. Reckon this years clearance has been hit with inflation. Normal pricing 450-500. 5 year warranty. Anyways if you're looking, something to watch for. This photo allegedly taken at a Peoria Illinois Walmart

Last edited:
Thanks. Been hoping to score that deal. The peoria has no stock. There are some downstate from me but it is the normal price. Haven't found any sale units.

Shipping is free over $35, right? I ordered 80 lbs of cowboy briq a while back and it was shipped free, for less than $40 total including tax.

I can't get Brickseek to activate. Wants me to sign up.
Ughhhh

Showing $447 in my area of southern ky. Using a zip of 61525, shows the same prices in Peoria . Found one store in burbank, ca that has it for $300. It may roll around.

I believe store managers may have mark downs that don't appear online. Reverse is true as well. Sometimes the online price is cheaper than what's on display in stores. Take a stroll thru the garden department, might get lucky

Last edited:
Austin XL really is one of those cookers had I paid full retail I wouldn't be disappointed. But thrilled I bought at $250. Mine's approaching half way thru it's warranty. If you're a stickler for 5° side to side, -25° temp swings, temperature settings in 5° increments, need WiFi or Bluetooth
This cooker is not for you

However if you cook meat and heat by looks and feel, use a thermometer whether Bluetooth or not, like Thermapens and DOTS, enjoy a workhorse of a pit of a good size, it's worth the retail but really Grand at a discount.

PS, it does have internal probe systems but I've never used the probes.
Pit Barrel Cooker taught me no thermometers necessary to cook great meat. I had a friend the other day who is a die hard propane grilling backyard chef ask me which smoker should be buy.
My response?, Pit Barrel Cooker. Why?? You learn in short order how to select, prep, season and cook meat literally Day 1. Let the cooker do the worry and work.

Last edited:
Back