THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great job on the refurb. Amazing that you could find an old gasser that just fit the griddle. Almost looks like it was made that way. I guess this is normally where the Brethren would say smoke a fattie for the inaugural cook, but in this case I would think an Oklahoma onion burger would be more in line.

Happy griddling,

Robert

Nice job..........

Great job on the refurb...........awesome looking piece of equipment...who wouldn't be proud to own that beast.............and a great way to get the old taste buds working overtime in anticipation of meals to come............

Might Fine Sir! Best refurbish I've seen. Love that clean blue flame. On that igniter, Try it in the dark to see if you can see a spark. If you can it's a positioning problem. If not buy a new assembly. Great cooker you created!

It is a new igniter, perserverance got it done, the flame has a small yellow tail but I think I will leave the bore of the jets alone
Thanks Mike

It is a new igniter, perserverance got it done, the flame has a small yellow tail but I think I will leave the bore of the jets alone
Thanks Mike

Smart move on the orifices (jets). The least of tampering with the diameter of the hole can change the flame.

Consider regulating the fuel feed to tune it out.

As soon as I saw the beginning of this one, I knew it was going to be good (I love restorations) - I literally had to scroll slowly so as to savor every pic & description, and it didn’t disappoint. Well done!

Back