THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bgross88

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
B
Good morning, Brethren,
I hope today finds you well, safe and healthy. As the title states, I have a question on vacuum sealers. I've searched and read many of the recent threads, but wasn't able to find anything related to my question.

Like many of us, I've burned through several Food Savers and have had enough. My latest one was a birthday present, used it 4 times and it burnt out--not the pump--but the actually mother board. It won't even turn on.

SO....I'm upgrading to a better unit. I don't need a top of the line unit, but we buy a lot of bulk meats(I have an RD membership, as well as Sam's and Costco).

I'm looking at units that are 15" wide since the 12' wide units are too narrow for most briskets and pork butts.

My local Bass Pro has the Cabela's 15' Commercial Grade in-stock for $379, with curbside pickup. I've also looked at the Weston 2100 which is $100 more expensive.

My question: Has anyone used/have feedback on the Cabela's unit? I read on here that they might be rebadged Weston's, but that was a thread from several years ago.

I know the Weston gets good reviews here. However, it's a bit more expensive and I can't get one as quickly as the Cabela's. If they are comparable, I'll make a run to BPS today.

Thanks in advance for your help/comments.

I like the Nesco brand that I recently bought better than the previous FoodSavers that I had.

Only reason that I purchased the Nesco was because it was the winner on America's Test Kitchen. They are usually spot-on with their reviews.

Back