Nor Cal Brethrens! 368th Mil Intel feed

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Well, here we are, about a month out from the 368th Military Intelligence Battalion Christmas Party and Send-Off event. I wanted to put this update on here, just to update everyone. The event will be held on December 13, 2014.

More details on the event, we are expecting between 300 and 350 soldiers and family members this year, the Nor Cal Brethren were legend from last year and many folks wanted to join in. This event is not only the Christmas party but the send-off/welcome home event for many of these soldiers. Much like last year, we will be serving tri-tip, chicken, mac-n-cheese, salad, beans and dessert. I expect that there will be hot dogs for the kids again as well. This was the note from the staff sergeant...

Last year you sent us the greatest team ever. They really made our Welcome Home and Send Off Event a hit.

We can offer whatever support you need.

We have nearly 100 troops deployed at that time and many more leaving. Thisevents is designed to support our current troops here at Camp Parks and thedeployed Soldiers and their families. From your teams efforts last year, wehave been able to establish a support chain for our deployed Soldier'sfamilies that we did not have before.

It really is a great time and the best way to Brethren Bash. So far, I have a commitment from 6 Brethren and supporters to help us on the cook day, I sure could use a few more folks who are interested in taking part in this event. Last year, it was a good chance to get together for the Brethren, sort of a Bash for a Cause. Come on out, your company and help will be more than welcome. Ideally, we would be more around 12 to 15 folks cooking and serving these soldiers. If you are a Nor Cal Brethren and want to have a Bash, or from farther away, your company is more than welcome. We get on base around 8am, Dave Bart (BBQ_PD) and Tim Dougherty (Groundhog66) will have much of the pork and mac-n-cheese cooked, but, there is still a lot to do. We cook and serve at noon, then hang around and chat with folks until early afternoon when everyone takes off. It's a great day.

If you would like to support our event, we would more than welcome that as well. I have run this by The Management here, and both Marty Leach and I can accept donations through PayPal or if you prefer, by check (or cash, heck I ain't picky). We are about $1500 short for the event at this point and sure could use some help. Please feel free to reach out to either of us, I am sort of the defacto speaker, Marty keeps me focused and manages the money.

I am really hoping to meet some new Brethren and see some old faces as well. Thanks for reading all this.

Last edited:
Can't get to NorCal but let me know how to send some $'s, do y'all send me a PayPal invoice or what? I'm in for $100, just let me know how.

Great cause. I wish I could help but i'm on the wrong coast, and I wish I could donate, but I am flat broke. :(

Good luck with the cook though and treat those solidiers and their family right.

Landarc---for under 400 people I have equipment to make dutch oven Peach cobbler for dessert. I also can make home made beans on site for twice that many people. I also have tons of serving equipment, etc. I work part time here for a Party Rental company, and whatever I do not own--they do. Let me know your needs. Leonard
also if we need more crew----I can get some more helpers from Butte County area

I am going to talk with Dave Bart, he is running the cooking, if you want to make the cobbler, go for it, as I have zero plans for dessert at this point.

As noted above, I am still working on the budget and getting funding and donations, at this point, we may need a few more hands as well, keep watching this thread Leonard.

Scott, dangitall, I kept meaning to reach out to you. Thanks for jumping in. And yes, we will definitely need your cooker again.

Back