Nephews 1st BBQ Comp in Apopka FL this Weekend (On Going, Come and "Learn")

87eebd2becd9a9c00d0053a5fccca53c.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay. Had to drive an hour back with the truck full of wife, tiny human and the twins, then scrub the shame off me in the shower.

Having "dinner"........
a3a102431ee4cf68ef27fdb0fee5f340.jpg
TEASE!!!

So short version.............which is hard for me.............only semi short (i'll give more details later)

I didn't tell the boys much of what I thought about the meats as we turned them in other than I "liked them all" and it was true. Nothing in my mind "shot us in the foot". 41 backyard teams (which is a lot of BY teams) and not everyone can get a call. Getting anything in a 1st comp ever is awesome.

At awards they are calling top 10 in each category to come up and I show no feelings to them as it happens......No chicken, no ribs (pissed as I thought they were amazing), no pork (again pissed)......the finally brisket and they got mother freaking 9th and got to hear "Two Gucci Q"!!!

They called the top 10 overall teams and they weren't in there and figured that since only one top 10 and was just hoping they didn't bomb the other 3 categories. Still at worst, name was heard in 1 category (again awesome).

Then we get the score sheets and they were 14th Overall out of 41 teams in their first event :becky:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
erSOdF7l.jpg

Very impressive! Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Jason, I had an Uncle like you may he RIP. Gave me hell going up and was one of the best Mentors I ever had. You did right by those young Men. That is a Win anyway you look at it!

Congratulations to Family! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Way to go Jason. I am sure that 9th place brisket call for the twins meant more to you than anything you than any call you ever got. Congrats Brother, way to go.

This whole thing was amazing! I am so happy for those boys. And you my friend are an awesome Uncle. Well done! VERY well done!

Wow they kicked butt!

Congratulations to those young men and you Jason. :)

Back