THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There was an investigation into whether Calamari is pig rectum. Glad I don't eat it.

I usually stay away from calamari, but a local Italian resturant had fried calamari on the Christmas Eve seven fishes dinner. I didn’t know what it was when I ate it and it was really good. The owner told me it was fried calamari and their fried calamari is now the only calamari I’ll eat on the entire planet.

I love Mussels marinara now, but wouldn’t touch mussels 30 years ago. I guess our taste buds do change when we get older.

Our oldest state BBQ competition (KCBS) started a mystery meat category about 10 or 12 years ago. I can recall lamb chops, lamb shanks, beef cheeks, beef sirloin, pork tenderloin, walleye, shrimp and wings. The rules are relaxed, so about anything goes... for example a lot of teams turned in fish tacos with the walleye.

I would vote for pork loin. Cost effective and very versatile. Roast it, smoke it, grill it. I slice it open and roll with lots of different stuffings, grind it for homemade McRibs, made a nice Mojo roast last night for Cubanos. So easy to add any flavor you like to it. Just my $.02.

Back