My Christmas Dinner! Merry Christmas!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
hey everyone I wanted to get a jump start and give you a sneak peak of today's cook for Christmas dinner!

Today we are having Turkey, Ham and a bacon weave wrapped stuffed porkloin.

I butterflied the pork loin and stuffed it with Savory herbs stove top and wrapped it with a bacon weave! Not sure how this will turn out or how long it will take to cook! Only thing I can do is guess! I have it above the turkey so all that bacon drippings are basting my turkey for me!! Gonna be amazing!

20161225_115524_zpsdkrzpcrz.jpg

This won't be a live thread. I just had some down time. I'll update this evening with finished pictures. I ended up with a last minute time schedule on food so I had to put the ham on high speed in the oven! It was a Cherry smoked ham so I figured I wouldn't saturate it with more cherry smoke as that's what I'm cooking with.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Last edited:
Can't resist an update! Turkey just came off the cooker. I'm gonna give the pork loin a little more time. It was reading 145-150 but since it has stuffing in the middle I wanna give it longer to make sure the meat is cooked properly.

One thing I forgot to do with the pork loin was before wrapping it in bacon I wanted to season it with SPOG. I was in a rush to get things cooking I forgot. I'm sure the bacon drippings will do the turkey good! I used my Thermopop to check the temp. The bird just happened to have one of the poppers in it. Normally I just take them out.

Here's the Turkey!
20161225_150946_zpstapzgvhu.jpg

Pork loin will give slice pictures in a bit!
20161225_150807_zpsqjusg9vx.jpg

That pork is a work of art..............outstanding! :thumb:

Some good looking food.

Looks like a fine Christmas meal.

Beautiful!!!

Thanks guys! It was very successful. It was time to try something different. Our local stores normally have pork loin marked down on sale often, I'll be looking forward doing more of this dish. I'll try different things for a stuffing.

Good lord!!!!! That is off tha chain!!!!!you ought not do that to me I'm to far from you to test drive some of it.... Beautiful cook!!!

Buddy come on up! I'll supply the meat if you bring a shirley for me to test drive :wink:. Really impressed with what you guys provide for your customers. No surprise visits, call first.. Hahaha!

Normally we don't have company but we did this evening. Everyone raved about the pork loin. It worked really well! I've already got plans for heating the turkey wings in the oven tomorrow for lunch!

Well here's a tip for those who would decide to make a pork loin like this! It makes one heck of a left over sandwich!! I put a piece of turkey breast, a slice of the pork loin on bread, with hot pepper mustard and cheese! Sry no pics, I didn't think of it at the time!

Back