Mmmmmmm Bacon

nsbbqguy

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Decided a little over a week ago that it's been awhile since I've cured and smoked bacon (also awhile since I've posted!) So, did a maple dry cure on 3 of the belly halves and a brown sugar pepper on 1. Then let them sit in the fridge for about 11 days. Last night I rinsed them off and let them sit in the fridge.

(The two not on the smoker right now)

picture.php

I figured today was as good a time as any to throw 2 of 4 cured belly's on the smoke.
picture.php

Will post more pictures as the day goes!! They are starting too look tasty :whoo:

I can't see any of the pictures for some reason. But rock on brother! I love bacon threads. I got a belly in my freezer. My first go was pretty good, but not enough to convince the Missus that store bought wasn't better. Cool to meet another Maritimer on here. Island boy here. :becky:

I can't see any of the pictures for some reason. But rock on brother! I love bacon threads. I got a belly in my freezer. My first go was pretty good, but not enough to convince the Missus that store bought wasn't better. Cool to meet another Maritimer on here. Island boy here. :becky:

I’m not sure why you can’t see the pictures? I wonder if anyone else can see them? I can see them when I look at the post so not sure what’s wrong. Anyway nice to see another maritimer here as well! I thought I was the only one :eusa_clap:icon_clown
I’ve been curing bacon for awhile and love the taste. Sometimes tho store bought is just more convenient although the prices here are getting crazy. These ones I did for my dad and myself. It’s a belly that he got for me and wanted me to cure and smoke them for him.

I can’t see any pics either. May need scratch and sniff. ;)

Lol! That would be a good feature ! I’m not sure why I can see them and no one else can. I attached them thru my albums and copied them the way the posting picture tutorial said to do. Any one have any ideas what I did wrong??

I've seen threads under Tech/Help thread on posting photos. You might check there. If you are linking to the photo, you may try uploading from your computer hard drive.

I don't know where you are hosting your pictures, but on imgur i just select "BBcode" it's for forums like this. Just copy and paste the link into your thread.

Decided lack of Pr0n for viewing on this end... though reading it sure peaks my interest!

I don't know where you are hosting your pictures, but on imgur i just select "BBcode" it's for forums like this. Just copy and paste the link into your thread.

My pictures are hosted on the brethern site In my albums. Sorry just have had a busy few days and haven’t been in much. Im going to try again here as soon as I get a chance to get back on the computer.

I may try imger, I use to just use Photobucket on all my other posts but now I have to pay and just haven’t bothered……….. Too drunk to decide now tho………

Back