Memorial Weekend Cooks (pron)

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bruce
Happy Memorial Weekend everyone! Truly an important time to remember the sacrifices that so many have made to allow us to live and to be free. Thank you!

To celebrate, I made a couple of things for the weekend.

Marinated some flank steak, then grilled it up on the gasser:
DSC0003-M.jpg

Sliced:
DSC0007-M.jpg

Marinated some boneless, skinless chicken breasts then tossed them onto the gasser:
DSC0002-M.jpg

GrillGrates really do leave lovely grill marks.

The next day, set up for an overnight smoke.
Unfortunately, I had one too many Troegs Brothers HopBacks... had temps stabilized nicely, then made a final tweak before going to bed. That little tweak ended up shooting the temp higher than expected by 50 or so degrees... When I woke up Sunday morning, the remote read 325! When I got to the cooker, the brisket flat was overdone:
DSC0010-M.jpg

Sliced:
DSC0011-M.jpg

The ends of the brisket were really tough. The flavor was actually pretty good, but too tough. Sliced it up and it was OK. Not my best effort. But even half farked home smoked brisket is decent eats for me!

Fortunately, the butts were fine:
DSC0013-M.jpg

Added a couple BJs sized fatties dusted Simply Mahvelous Cherry:
DSC0018-M.jpg

Some MOINKs, and some ABTs, also dusted with SM Cherry:
DSC0016-M.jpg

DSC0015-M.jpg

So, aside from the brisket, the weekend cooks turned out OK. Had some family over yesterday to celebrate, and they enjoyed the meal. Pulled pork sammiches on potato rolls, with homemade slaw, homemade pasta salad, with ABTs and MOINKs for those that wanted them. I think my one nephew (he's 16 and is a total meatatarian) ate half his body weight in MOINKs.

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!

Thanks for lookin.

Bruce

That beer looks tasty.. I've never had a really hoppy amber beer. A brew pub by me had a really good Black IPA that was awsome but it ran out fast and no timeframe for a return. I gotta start making my own beer! Oh, the food looks good too! lol

All the grub looks tasty and I really liked the way you opened the post! Very classy!:thumb:

Thanks for the feedback all!

I have a neighbor who is career Navy...getting set to retire at the end of the summer after 29 years in the service. Good dude, good family...all very nice people who do a lot in the community. He also does some smoking, but he's been mainly doing fish (salmon) on the cooker.... He's pretty busy with work and family, so he doesn't have the time (yet) to do big cuts of meat on his smoker. I decided that considering all that he and his family have done for the country, I could do a little something to give back and say thank you. Will be making a delivery later this morning of some pulled pork along with my sincere thanks for his time serving his country.

Bruce

Great post and a super nice job on the meats! Heck those ends on the B, wrap em in bacon and serve hot with a bleu cheese side. They'd be gone I garon tee you!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Back