THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member
Admin
Name or Nickame
Phil
Been a busy week maintaining the board, especially today. Just so everyone knows, the problem was on the servers down in texas. I guess the best strategy is to keep Yahoo going so we have somewhere to fall back on when we loose the servers. I for one was going thru some serious withdrawls, as was a few other memebrs who mentioned twitching, dry mouth, nervousness, irratability... etc.. Are websites suppose to be addicting? I'll catch up on my lack of posting now. Go get a beer,this is long..

anyway, this past weekend was a seafood festival that the family spent 2 days at. i helped my buddy in his ice cream truck.. 1200 cones in one day!!! anyway... Seafood was the fare of the days, tents with everything you can think of. Steamed 1-1/2 to2 lb lobsters were going for 6 for 28 bucks. Roasted corn, burgers, dogs, chile... and of course I was working the ice cream truck so got none of it on Saturday. Sunday, i waited on line for lobsters, 40 minutes..... and about 10 minutes from the order window they ran out of lobsters.. that sucked... and sharon was bummed out.. shes the lobster lover.

cut to monday...... We went out to pick up dinner and the kids and I decided to surprise sharon with a lobster feast.. it was 5pm, she gets home at 630-700. we got an hour.

I picked up 6 1-1/2 lb lobsters, 2lbs of big sea scallops a small filet mignon and some fresh corn from the farm stand. We rush home, kids start feverishly cleaning the yard and setting the table outside.... we got less than an hour.... .. they do a new table cloth, candles.. little napkin animals.. u get the idea... I get out the lobster pot and prepped it with a few cans of beer a few limes and some crab boil. Put the lobsters and the corn in the husks in the strainer for the lobster pot and let them wait...

Coated the scallops with southern flavor cajun and wrapped them in bacon and skewered them alomg with some cherry tomatoes. made a bacon vinegerette out of the remain bacon and had the kids grab some lettuce and tomatoes from the garden.

sliced the filet mignon into 1-1/2 inch steaks, got 7 out of it. A little worsey sauce and Souther flavor charboil on them.. nice and simple. ...

fired up the weber kettle(silver.. ok bill?) and got the water boiling in the lobster pot on the turkey fryer. Waiting for sharon to call.. thats the 20 minute warning thats shes on her way. I had a timer set in the pit. When she called, the lobsters got droped in and the timer got set for 20 mins.. tic toc tic toc.. 5 minutesw later, the scallops get put along the outside edge of the kettle away from the coals.. at the 7 minute mark, the filet mignon goes on, right over the coals, which was chunks of hickory and lump, flip them once. The timer clocks at 20 and the lobster come out, throw them into a dressed up chafing dish, arranged the corn around the lobsters, Fillets get place in the center of the lobsters and the scallops layed across the fillets. Sharon steps into the yard about a minute before the dish is ready. First thing she says.. "Take a picture for The Brethren!!!".. ok.. but the camera is in my buddys ice cream truck from Sunday.. No pictures boys..

Of all that food.. Damn.. The scallops!!! i never like scallops, and i dont know if it was the smoke, or the SF cajun, or the bacon.. but damn, they were great.. lobster? I aint a lobster fan, to much work, to little food.. gimme a crab leg anyday.

so boys, my weekend in a nut shell.

will cut to todays ribs in the next post.

Phil,

I read somewhere on the Internet that you were looking for a 29 year old son (or was that on the bath room wall), when do I move in? Here are some of my better qualities:

I do not know how to cook (except on the Q)
I do not clean or do the dishes
I eat like a horse
I can put away my share of beers
I chit chat too much
My wife does not work (she is included with the two large dogs)

What more could you ask for in a son??? I love you daddy! I can't wait to come home!

Your new son,
John

john said:
Phil,

I read somewhere on the Internet that you were looking for a 29 year old son (or was that on the bath room wall), when do I move in? Here are some of my better qualities:

I do not know how to cook (except on the Q)
I do not clean or do the dishes
I eat like a horse
I can put away my share of beers
I chit chat too much
My wife does not work (she is included with the two large dogs)

What more could you ask for in a son??? I love you daddy! I can't wait to come home!

Your new son,
John

very good.. needed that after painting a deck all day... dont need another son, thanks, hands are full allready.. but theres always room for more drinkin buddies!!!!

very good.. needed that after painting a deck all day... dont need another son, thanks, hands are full allready.. but theres always room for more drinkin buddies!!!!
This is a far better option. We get to drink your beer, and don't have to help paint the house.

Back