A Week Of Birphday Eats

Dang amazing week and happy Birthday, mine is Wednesday and I hit the early retirement button lol

Thanks Robert! I bet.

Honestly you can go broke going to these small and hidden top notch sushi places. Almost all are omakase (leaving it up to the chef) and in a single night they don't serve more than 10-15 people. Insanely fresh, exotic and high quality seafood from both coasts and Japan. Like Hokkaido hairy crab from Japan. One night we got served one and the chef said that if you can find another place in LA that serves this crab now, the tab is one me. Usually 10-14 small courses enjoyed in about 2 hours but so satisfying. Hefty tab too at 1400 for 4 people and you're lucky to get in there. Before Bidenomics, the annual cost of the high end sushi among a few of us friends was $30-40K. :tape: The good old days. Waiting on the next administration. :heh:

We almost exclusively stopped getting sushi because of fear of getting mercury poisoning. :laugh:

Lol...I'm in North Dakota, in a township of about 70 people. And they dont let me out much. But holy ****!! I feel like I need to expand my horizons a little. I'd be all over that experience.

Happy birthday and great friends and family. Good luck at Barrett Jackson, you searching for anything specific

Thanks David!

Nothing this year. We've bought and sold before but it has become an annual tradition to go the grand daddy of the BJ auctions in Arizona. Unless we get super hammered and come back with something. :laugh:

Lol...I'm in North Dakota, in a township of about 70 people. And they dont let me out much. But holy ****!! I feel like I need to expand my horizons a little. I'd be all over that experience.

Honestly I wouldn't mind trading places for a while. :thumb: It def is an amazing umami experience every time. It's stunning how talented these chefs are and the crazy good food they put out.

Thanks David!

Nothing this year. We've bought and sold before but it has become an annual tradition to go the grand daddy of the BJ auctions in Arizona. Unless we get super hammered and come back with something. :laugh:

That is why they serve booze, amazing how easy that paddle goes up after several drinks. I have a 1971 blazer I need to get running again. Just taking up space in the garage right now. I should head the Barrett just for some inspiration. Happy late b day and have fun at the show

That is why they serve booze, amazing how easy that paddle goes up after several drinks. I have a 1971 blazer I need to get running again. Just taking up space in the garage right now. I should head the Barrett just for some inspiration. Happy late b day and have fun at the show

Thanks David!

Pre 75 k5 blazers, c and k 10 silverados are fetching stupid money now. This year in January they were the hottest selling on the block going for $100's of thousand. Restored obviously but even decent shape ones were going for high dollar.

Thanks David!

Pre 75 k5 blazers, c and k 10 silverados are fetching stupid money now. This year in January they were the hottest selling on the block going for $100's of thousand. Restored obviously but even decent shape ones were going for high dollar.

They have taken a big jump for sure, the funny thing is the restomods are grabbing big money. Mine is an old 350 small block, random other car seats and pimp wheels That I have hated since I got the truck. Had it wrapped with my bbq restaurant info on it for advertising. The dream was to work on it with the boys, that did not materialize. I am thinking about cleaning up the engine, do an interior refresh, roll bar and take the top off and just enjoy it.

IMG_0036.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 16
They have taken a big jump for sure, the funny thing is the restomods are grabbing big money. Mine is an old 350 small block, random other car seats and pimp wheels That I have hated since I got the truck. Had it wrapped with my bbq restaurant info on it for advertising. The dream was to work on it with the boys, that did not materialize. I am thinking about cleaning up the engine, do an interior refresh, roll bar and take the top off and just enjoy it.

View attachment 210447

That's sweet!

Pimp wheels.:laugh: Sounds like a plan and she looks good. I've always been a Blazer fan especially the 1st gen. :thumb:

We did our friends 73 for him when we had the shop. She's show stopper now that he finished the interior too.

3RE4f3el.jpg

Back