leftovers pron

Kyle Serlington

Full Fledged Farker
so sunday we had a birthday party for my grandmother (89!) and it was at 1pm, so i decided to smoke something that cooked quick, a couple of pork tenderloins. seeing as how smoking is something i don't get to do everyday i like to load up my WSM when i do it so i can have other BBQ meals for the week. i added a rack of ribs for my sunday night dinner and a chuck roast for BBQ burritos and cheesesteaks.

i didn't get any pics from the initial cook because the last thread i did was also ribs and a chuckie, so i thought i'd just do pics of the leftovers this time. as for the ribs, i tried something new, i put oil on them before i applied the rub and they came out pretty damn good, but it's hard to say if it was because of the oil or something else. i usually finish my ribs with high heat on a gas grill to sear the sauce in, but i only did that with half the rack this time, the other half i ate partly dry and then some i dipped in sauce. as much as i love the extra char flavor on the grilled ones, it definitely tightened up the meat a bit, the dry ones were a lot more tender, so i may rethink how i serve my ribs! as for the chuck, i finally felt what probe tender feels like on beef. i foiled the roast at 165 degrees and then when i opened and probed it read 210 and i took it right off and let it rest for at least an hour. temp ranged from 250 to 275 during my 4 hour cook

anyways, on to the pron...

i nuked the shell for 15 seconds as directed on the package. then i put on some rice that i fried up with some of my BBQ rub. on top of that i put my root beer baked beans. as for the meat, i simmered some shredded leftover chuck in my spicy BBQ sauce and added a little chipotle adobo sauce to it. in hindsight i wish i didn't do that because i feel it masked the beef flavor a little bit. oh well, there's always next time. on the very top i got a nice pile of extra sharp white cheddar.

10389194_10152281631386373_7210587695250631715_n.jpg

now i've never wrapped a burrito before so it was a bit sloppy, but still very good! i topped it with some of my spicy bbq sauce and put it in the oven for a few minutes, when i took it out i topped it with sour cream that i mixed a little chipotle adobo sauce in with, very good! the corn got away from me on the grill a little bit but i didn't mind.

10636197_10152281631391373_6748370208772149346_n.jpg

and the moneyshot

10580046_10152281631181373_6111609391264668213_n.jpg

so that was last night's dinner, as for tonight, i decided to pay tribute to philadelphia. i reheated some chuck up on my electric griddle, which worked surprisingly well. i've seen some bbq places use this method to reheat precooked meat and i never liked the idea but sometimes it works. when going out i'd like fresh food though, but at home it worked out good. i fried up some peppers and onions, topped the beef with some cheap cheddar slices and put it all on an 8" toasted sub roll. i cooked up one of my new favorite sides to make, home fries cooked in butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and a little cayenne. the hanks root beer really hit the spot as well, really solid dinner.

10641079_10152281630826373_3016542606633675433_n.jpg

i'm doing another cook on sunday and already have an idea for leftovers that i'm pretty excited to try, but for now i'm going to keep it under wraps :icon_shy

Back