THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sackedbysapp

Full Fledged Farker
I know this gets asked quite a few times but I’m gonna ask again I took out two full frozen rack of spareribs at 9 PM and put them on the counter and then two that were half frozen and woke up at 4:45 and realized I forgot to put them in the fridge. They weren’t warm, but they weren’t ice cold they’re in a heavy Cryovac from Publix, what should I do?

I'd cook and not think twice. Have you tried doing them right out of the freezer. You might be surprised at the results.

From what I understand, any food product will not start growing bacteria until after 2 hours at room temperature and I don't even think you were close to that kind of exposure.

I think I would put them on as soon as possible and smoke them at a higher temperature to get them heated up quickly and don't look back... unless the wife is standing there giving you that look, lol.

Back