THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there pork broth?
I have seen beef, chicken, fish, and vegetable but never pork broth.

I've seen Swanson Pork Bone Broth at the Asian market a few times, not always there. It does show up on an amazon search as well, but not currently in stock.

Minor's also makes a Pork Base which might be better suit to injecting with the higher salt content.

I have injected before - didn't see much difference

The last shoulder I cooked - i brined in a cherry coke brine for about 12 hours - thought it turned out very well

I've seen Swanson Pork Bone Broth at the Asian market a few times, not always there. It does show up on an amazon search as well, but not currently in stock.

Minor's also makes a Pork Base which might be better suit to injecting with the higher salt content.

Thanks for the info.
I still wonder why pork broth never became standard like chicken, beef, or vegetable?

Must be something about the fat because lard is big on the grocery shelf.

:decision:

Haven't injected one yet. Came close few weeks ago, but went back to my original method (time constraints). Would like to do a comparo between injected and not. Seen some vids on youtube, but you can't see taste :)

Back