Impromptu Chicken Shawarma

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Tonite's dinner started out as my usual Kettle Fried Chicken. I dry brined a few Chicken Thighs for a few hours this morning in the fridge, but an inventory of rubs turned up some Shawarma Rub in a zip-lock I'd made a few weeks age. Change of plans.

I deboned the thighs, hit 'em with EVOO, minced garlic and the rub, left the skin on and set them back in the fridge in a covered container. Having not anticipated Shawarma, I had to wing it as far as toppings. Sour cream will have to do instead of the usual yogurt sauce.

I did manage to griddle some red peppers and remembered the shredded lettuce. No diced tomatoes, no diced onions, no olives, none of my usual Shawarma toppings. So it goes. And no home made Naan bread, store bought will have to do. :icon_blush:

I didn't even grill these as I normally would. I wasn't in the mood for waiting on charcoal, so the Blackstone was much easier -

YeVYBYs.jpg

hQ3cftq.jpg

My wife didn't want hers with bread, so one Naan will suffice for me -

TLRb2zd.jpg

NhV3MpC.jpg

A very quick and easy dinner is ready to be served -

FAZ3Miv.jpg

Mine -

rAgXOee.jpg

lzOERyU.jpg

wXRRxT2.jpg

LUf6gKA.jpg

There you have it. A not my usual Chicken Shawarma, but good no matter what toppings I happened to have available.

Shawarma always makes for an excellent meal.

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

That's some great looking Shawarma, Dom! Compared to the traditional spit version, I find grilled is packed with way more flavor as there's much more surface area for the seasoning to work its magic.

Do you ever get a hot meal? All that photo set-up must cause a decrease in temp.
Ed

Sometimes the picture taking does result in slightly cooler food for me. The price of posting to the forum....

At least I'm no longer using a camera and simply relying on the quality of pics from my phone.

Back