Hi, I'm sudsandswine, and I'm addicted to...

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
...restaurant equipment auctions. :cool: snagged another one of these Alto Shaam 300-S warmers the other day to go with the one I currently have, which should give me some added flexibility on larger cooks.

I would never recommend you follow in my path, lest you fall into the same addiction as I, but with some diligence and a bit of self control, there are some really good deals to be had out there. The restaurant equipment in these is typically high quality, often made in the USA, and almost always NSF certified, if that matters to you (I have no obligation towards such currently).

Depending on what it is, 5 - 10 cents on the dollar new is often the sale price, with more popular or better condition items going higher but still far below new prices.

Doing a 12 hour function test, seems to be working great

I don't think I could possibly use the Shocked emoji enough in here!

fb4e07ea3c37c426dd0a2b3344b1ff85.jpg

These are just local or regional liquidation/auction companies, so it probably depends on your location. I would just search for "restaurant equipment auction %your location%" and see what pops up. I paid the equivalent of what a nice but non-rotomolded cooler costs for this one.

I've had my eye out for one but I never seem to find one that size and most are 220V. Is yours 220V?

This specific model is 110v, for a couple reasons that the larger ones often arent....first of all, their size, and the method they use to heat (almost like a heated blanket on 4 walls surrounding the chamber), and secondly, many warmers are "cook and hold" models, meaning they can also do higher temperatures like a traditional oven you might use to actually cook food, whereas these are simply warmers and I think 200* is their max.

This specific model is 110v, for a couple reasons that the larger ones often arent....first of all, their size, and the method they use to heat (almost like a heated blanket on 4 walls surrounding the chamber), and secondly, many warmers are "cook and hold" models, meaning they can also do higher temperatures like a traditional oven you might use to actually cook food, whereas these are simply warmers and I think 200* is their max.

Thank you for the explanation! That's a big help.

Seen plenty, they go pretty cheap because not everyone has the knowledge or ability to remove them :thumb:

Yep. That's because most have remote condensers on a roof or at the side on the building. Finding one self contained is usually not an option on commercial equipment.

Nice find on the warmer S&W!

Yep. That's because most have remote condensers on a roof or at the side on the building. Finding one self contained is usually not an option on commercial equipment.
Little grocer been shopping at 40 years has/had a massive display freezer. Couple years ago half of it went out. Asked and was told they couldn't afford to get it fixed (if that's possible) or replaced. About 6 months ago the other half went out.

Really like the store but miss that operating freezer case. Just sits there with nothing in it.

Back