Hello from Delaware

Stonehauler

Name or Nickame
Ed
Hey all,

I ran across this forum while searching for a smoker. I've been an avid griller for the past 35 years, starting in high school. I've done cookout days with roommates for our dorm, my GF (now wife) and I had a favorite "fancy" restaurant (1-2 dates a semester or when family came to visit) where you could pick and cook your own steaks on their big charcoal grills. After getting married, we've continued to grill our proteins for at least 60-70 percent of our meals over the years, spring, summer, fall, and winter.

I am on my second grill (first was a weber that lasted 20+ years, the new one is a lynx)

The only times we don't grill is when we have a few inches of snow sitting on top of it or when we want a particular meal that is better oven cooked/braised/roasted. I've done some smoking, usually brisket, pork shoulder, and ribs on the grill using an offset methods, but I am getting more interested in smokers and dedicated BBQ setups so I can do things like smoking a standing rib roast.

While wood/charcoal is obviously the golden standard for a smoker, I'm still a decade plus from retirement and can't always spend 8-14 hours slowly tending to temperatures and refilling smoking pans with new chunks/pellets, especially during the work week.

Anyway I am glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot from you all, and hopefully be able to return the favor as well.

And contrary to the title, I would NEVER use matchlight. That's what big jugs of lighter fluid are for :-D

Welcome Ed. Share your experience and cooks. Look forward to your input.

hello

Hello, welcome, and greetings from Landenberg, PA.

Glad you found us, Ed. We are a friendly bunch and are happy to see newcomers that want to learn more or just looking for inspiration. Pull up a chair and grab a beverage of choice, jump in anyplace you feel comfortable.

Back