"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Happy Phryday Pholks!
Rain, thunder,lightning here, so no smoke.
I smoked a shoulder yesterday that didn't come oph the kettle till 9pm, so that'll be phor tonight's supper.
Made a double batch oph bourbon brown sugar BBQ sauce to use in the beans phor the Bash.
Weather will determine what comes next.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Stay Saphe!

Not sure yet, but today went to Memphis Barbecue Company down in Horn Lake, MS.
Melissa would not have been happy with the output from there today. Pretty disappointing all around.

We might throw a steak on tomorrow night.

Happy weekend!

Jerk pork over direct coals on the wsm. Trying a new marinade.

2 bunch scallions
1 large onion
1 1/2 habanero pepper (scotch bonnet is better if you can find them)
10 sprigs of thyme plucked
10 garlic cloves
1/3 cup lime
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 TBSP distilled white vinegar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 TBSP coriander
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 TBSP allspice
3 tbsp unsalted butter

Wife just sauntered thru the middle of my less than stellar guitar session.
Wife- I only see beef laid out to cook this weekend
Me- Cool ,huh
Wife - gonna need some chicken and fish

Me- Walmart has 3-4 pounds of flats for like 14 dollars
Wife: I want drummies.

Losing control of my scene early in the weekend

Pharking nothing! My yard is officially in remodel mode. More info to come but my outdoor cooking area is temporarily unavailable.

Random thunderstorm ā›ˆļø for the last hour. Itā€™s absolutely beautiful weather right now.

Hoping to smoke something next weekend. For now, itā€™s just sitting around, drinking beer and watching the old sportsā€¦.

Stay saphe and be well, brethren!

Phubar, thank you for the years and your anticipated "welcome to the weekend."
ESPN Highlight material. Thanks
Agreed!
Before I retired, I looked forward to this all week!

Now that I am retired, this is the only part of the weekend that I look forward to.
Everything is so busy on the weekends, that I stay home on them!

It's rough being retired! šŸ˜‰

Picked up some of the Kirkland charcoal and some tri tip which is on sale this weekend. I decided to do a California/Texas fusion BBQ, I seasoned the tri tips with Santa Maria seasonings, and smoked them at 350f with some charcoal and post oak. They're resting now, I'm just killing time waiting for the mac n cheese to finish. My kids are ravenous, they look as if they will murder me for tri tip.

The Kirkland charcoal held up well for the time that I had it going, I lit it 30 minutes prior to grilling to see how hard it would be to hold a temp. In total I cooked for about 1 hour and 45 minute's with one chimney worth of coals. I have to say that I am impressed. I did do something different though. I inverted the dumb sear baskets that the Webers come with, instead of leaving them flush with the sides of the grill. I turned them around and left a gap between them and the center of the grill. I filled this gap with old coals, I finally got the baskets to work well for me.

- G

Back