THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regular Guy

Knows what a fatty is.
The good thing about having a wife that cook her tail off and a son that's a Sous Chef is that we can knock out some grub like a professional kitchen (well maybe not,lol). My wife took some pork belly and cooked some on the pelletizer and some in the oven. The outdoor belly was made for pork belly burnt ends while the inside belly (oven) was meant for sammiches. Here's her work :

On the Pit Boss
sveTDQl.jpg

After a BBQ sauce bath
2W4eGQ5h.jpg

Crispy belly out of the oven
mb9qNBq.jpg

The crispy pork belly was served with sun dried tomato pesto, lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, and mayo on sourdough. It's a very filling sandwich.
CCOgllWh.jpg

Yesterday I bought the ingredients to make coffee ice cream which is odd since I normally am not a coffee ice cream eater, lol. It just sounded good! I figured that since I was going to make it, I might as well make it the best I could so I didn't go the instant coffee route. I used actual Kona Coffee Beans, let them steep in my ice cream base and even put some fresh ground beans in the mix as well!

My son made a Butter Pecan base last night and went all out. He pan roasted some pecans with sea salt, brown sugar and regular white sugar. They were delicious on their own! He used about a half pound of unsalted butter and "browned" it to make the base, which like my coffee base, was a custard style (with eggs). I made both ice creams this morning but failed to take pictures of the Butter Pecan. I was distracted with other goings on at the time I guess.

Here's what the Kona Coffee Bean looked like :

Hunka Hunka Churnin' Love
fMi6BWI.jpg

The usual suspects
314m7IL.jpg

The money shot, lol
dldxqW4.jpg

I had thought my son took some pics of his ice cream but alas he didn't. It looks good, just imagine it and you'll be fine :p

As always, thanks for humoring me :)

There you go with that outstanding ice cream again. Nicely done!! The family that cooks together...well, they eat together, too. You can quote me on that one:thumb:

Back