Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Marty
Oxtail that is seasoned up with Island Jerk Seasoning

Eja4dWH.jpg

First on was a pork shoulder Nellie seasoned up for some sliced pork this week

Uvaw83Z.jpg

After about 3 hours the pork came out of the pan and onto the grate, added the oxtail

yw4iB7F.jpg

Oxtail out of the smoker and ready for a broth bath

fHWFT53.jpg

Pork is off for a rest after reaching 180

rK4A3DC.jpg

And the oxtail is ready for dinner

CRd6xlb.jpg

Thanks for looking

Making me hungry and I just ate. You know what, I don't think I've ever tried oxtail. How does that compare to beef shanks? Somewhat similar?

Making me hungry and I just ate. You know what, I don't think I've ever tried oxtail. How does that compare to beef shanks? Somewhat similar?

More fat but the flavor is similar Andy. I am surprised living in Chicagoland you never had them. It was a staple in my house growing up in Elmwood Park when you didn't have to wait for a sale to be able to afford them.

Love Ox Tail. We need to breed Cows with two tails!

Costs more than ribeye here now :shocked: I like it a lot but not THAT much...I'll eat offal but if it costs more than a premium steak cut? Nah...feel like I'm just encouraging bad behavior at that point.

Pork n beef looks great :thumb:

Last edited:
Marty, that skin on Butt looks great. I always braise oxtail, can't say ive ever smoked them.
Edit: I see you mention ready for a bath, im assuming you braised even though i don't see any liquids?

Marty, that skin on Butt looks great. I always braise oxtail, can't say ive ever smoked them.
Edit: I see you mention ready for a bath, im assuming you braised even though i don't see any liquids?

Yes, after 1:40 in the smoker it was time for a 325 degree 2 hour bath in beef broth.

Back