Good BBQ near Ashville, NC

HankB

is Blowin Smoke!
Flush with my success asking about 'Q near Olathe KS, I'l planning for our trip to the Biltmore Estate in June. We will be attending a BMW Motorcycle rally held on the ground. For our May (BMW Club) meeting I am putting together a list of local activities and places to visit for our members and as BMW motorcyclists, food ranks on or list just below good roads.

I'm looking for suggestions for BBQ places in the vicinity. This time they do not need to be too close. It would be preferable to find one about an hour or two away on a good road (*) so that we can enjoy a couple of our passions.

(*) I hope understand that what we mean by good road is not one that will get us there the quickest. I'm reminded of the time a friend and I were studying maps on a lunch break in West Virginia. There was a squiggly line over a mountain so we asked the shop keeper if she was familiar with it. She was. She advised that we not take it because it was one curve after another and it would take too long to get where we were going. We smiled and thanked her. And we took that road and had a blast!

Feel free to share any other features in the area as well. For that matter, I'm also interested in anything we might find along the route from Chicago to Asheville.

thanks!

Hunt Camp bbq is pretty good. It is on Hwy 25 north of Travelers Rest. From Asheville, take I-40 to I-26 to hwy 25. Easy trip that takes about 1.5 hours. Place is easy to find, sits right there on hwy 25

I'm 1.75 hours from Biltmore in Lincolnton if you don't mind some BBQ from a trailer.
Thanks, Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ

Moe's BBQ in Biltmore Village is pretty decent (better than most in Asheville).
A ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway will present you with GREAT views and wonderful twists and turns without too much traffic. Too bad there just aren't too many decent Q-joints along the way!
If you are at the Biltmore House, try the barbecue sampler at the Stable Cafe. Pretty good stuff!

Thanks! And very timely as my presentation is tonight.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

And, yeah, the B

RP is high on our list.

Back