Go to Trimming knife

1Gradymaci

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jerry Adams
What is your go to trimming knife for brisket..
Not slicing but trimming..
Thanks

I prefer the Mercer semi-flexible boning knife for control, I am sure we all have a lot of different preferences. I've even seen some people use a 12" slicer to trim brisket.

I use the cheap Rapala (or other brand) fish filet knives. They're razor sharp, work great, and when they're dull, you just get another one.

They do last a while with some care.

Got that from Myron when I attended his class.

Wusthof flexible fillet knife.

9" blade that's both flexible and super sharp

When it gets dull, I just resharpen it. :thumb:

I used the dexter and Mercer since 2019 and they are good. Last year I went with the bearded butchers recommendation and bought a Victorinox 6" Boning Knife, Curved Blade, Semi-stiff, Maple Wood Handle 5.6606.15 On Amazon and really like it. The only problem is my wife discovered the knife and uses it for everything now.

I also bought Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade on the same purchase and it works way better at carving than my dexter serrated bread knife that Arron Franklin uses.

I have an old Chicago Cutlery 6" stiff boning knife and a couple of Rapala's. Love both styles.

BTW, Rapala's can be sharpened easily. Get a pull thru diamond sharpener. NOT! a carbide pull thru. Use it, like a steel, everytime B4 use.

Whatever is in my hand, could be a Dexter 6 or 8 inch boning knife, a 8 or 10 inch chefs knife, or whatever is sharp at the moment.

Victorinox Fibrox 8" curved breaking knife. Got it for $30 a few years back.

I gifted another to a friend recently, and the price has increased quite a bit lately.

Back