THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
The fish market at Market Basket had "Chowder Fish" available again at $3.99/lb, can't pass that up. It's cod, haddock, scrod, hake or something like that. All I know is it makes for a great

Fish Taco Tuesday

Since I forgot to buy tortillas, I decided to make my own. The sourdough starter has been in the fridge, unloved for a number of weeks. So sourdough tortillas it is. Dough balls resting -

TFmR1bL.jpg

The Lefty's breading station for the 2 lbs of fish -

kDO8xSC.jpg

Out to the Blackstone. (George, make sure you buy one! :mrgreen: ). I've added Sweet Potato Fries and Roasted Red Peppers to tonite's menu -

4xyKk5K.jpg

bU8W23Y.jpg

qx4Hvw5.jpg

NcjL39d.jpg

Even with a 36, there wasn't sufficient room for the tortillas, so Mrs lunchman cooked those indoors on a Lodge cast iron griddle.

Ready to eat!

Tortillas, Red Peppers, Sweet Potato Fries, Fish, Cole Slaw -

9jZYIg1.jpg

qewgSoO.jpg

LrDbI55.jpg

I had other toppings (avocado, cuke, tomato) but we were both so hungry we didn't bother to prepare them. We'll get 'em on the leftovers.

The Cole slaw was made with Duke's Slaw dressing which my wife purchased on a recent trip to PA. I now have some Duke's mayo also, which we'll try soon. Just can't get it up here in Massachusetts.

And as always, Lefty's does not disappoint. One of my favorite seasonings for fish on the Blackstone.

Thanks for following along on a Fish Taco Tuesday!

Regards,
-lunchman

That looks fantastic and I will try to remember to give Lefty's a try soon when I have to come up with a fish dish for Fridays.

Fish looks great but I need to know about the sourdough tortillas.

https://alexandracooks.com/2020/10/03/sourdough-flour-tortillas-made-with-discard-or-not/

This is the recipe used for these, fairly simple. Roll them out super thin and cook for a shorter time than you'd think, recipe says 30 seconds per side. We went a tad longer than that (rookie mistake on my part re: instructions to my wife), but they were still quite good. Excellent taste but with a bit more flexibility they'd be perfect. Reheating them in the microwave might do the trick.

Dom

https://alexandracooks.com/2020/10/03/sourdough-flour-tortillas-made-with-discard-or-not/

This is the recipe used for these, fairly simple. Roll them out super thin and cook for a shorter time than you'd think, recipe says 30 seconds per side. We went a tad longer than that (rookie mistake on my part re: instructions to my wife), but they were still quite good. Excellent taste but with a bit more flexibility they'd be perfect. Reheating them in the microwave might do the trick.

Dom

Thank you very much Dom.
Sourdough tortillas coming soon.
The pizza crust recipe will also be used in the near future.

I was spoiled. We lived in San Diego when fish tacos became popular. They were the kind you could get from street vendors in Baha. Since then I have not had a fish taco made the same way. And people around here barely know what a fish taco is. I still make them when we want the real thing.

I was spoiled. We lived in San Diego when fish tacos became popular. They were the kind you could get from street vendors in Baha. Since then I have not had a fish taco made the same way. And people around here barely know what a fish taco is. I still make them when we want the real thing.

So how do fish tacos in Baha differ? I'm always curious about regional foods and their preparation. That's what makes cooking fun, trying new ways to make dishes and step up my game.

Looks terrific Dom!

Curious about your impressions of the sourdough tortillas. Something to do in the future or one and done?

Bruce

Back