THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flyingbassman5

is one Smokin' Farker
As promised, I fired up my newly modified Brinkmann Cimarron. Basically, to sum my old post going over the mods, I wanted the option of a reverse flow cooker but didn't want to buy another pit. I also didn't want to lose the versatility of having a traditional offset with the side to side varying temperature characteristics. So I got creative! But this post isn't about the mods, this is about the end product! I'll let the pictures talk from here.

We have signs of life in the firebox!

Venison roasts and Ribs set to roll!

Chuggin along in the brisk 15*F High today

Venison roasts came off to make room for wings. The roasts are for shredded bbq deer sammies later this week. I had to try a piece before it went into the oven roasted with some beef broth, onions, and peppers. Beautiful smoke ring if you ask me!

Wings on!

Now for the money shot...green beans, slaw, wings, ribs, garlic bread, beans, and some home fries. Good eats for the 3 day weekend!

After...

For those wondering, the pit ran great! Only had a 10-15 degree difference in temp during the whole cook, even at grate level. Pit ran a consistent 225-275 the whole way. My only complaint is the amount of fuel it eats, requiring a 6" long split about every 30 minutes. I guess all that extra steel has to heat up some how! Regardless, the mods worked great and I (along with my stomach) am satisfied with the results!

Hope you enjoyed!! :thumb:

P.s. link to original mod thread....http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223648

That is a fantastic spread! I would take a plate of those vittles any day:thumb:

Looking good, glad the mods is working out for you.
You always cook with your exhaust almost shut?

Awesome cook! Looks like the mods paid off. I don't have a stick burner but would making the splits bigger make the time between splits longer?

Looking good, glad the mods is working out for you.
You always cook with your exhaust almost shut?

No. It's actually wide open, but the picture angle makes it look like its almost closed.

Awesome cook! Looks like the mods paid off. I don't have a stick burner but would making the splits bigger make the time between splits longer?

Longer splits might work. I thought of that but am worried it might cause either a large temp spike or it would choke the fire. I'll experiment a little next cook and see.

Back