Famous Dave's BBQ - Bread Pudding Recipe w/ Pron

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
I know this ain't bbq, but its a recipe for Famous Dave's Bread Pudding....which I love. I made this for thanksgiving and it was awesome. I'll be making more for christmas. Enjoy!

FAMOUS DAVE'S BREAD PUDDING

Unsalted butter, softened
1 (1 1/2 pound) loaf cinnamon egg bread
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of a 2-inch deep 13x9-inch baking dish heavily with butter.

Tear the bread into 1-inch pieces. Mix with the raisins in a bowl. Spread the bread mixture evenly in the prepared dish, turning crust side down as this tends to burn easily.

Whisk the sugar, milk, whipping cream, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl until blended. Pour gently over the bread mixture, making sure every piece is wet. Place the baking dish inside a larger, 4-inch deep roaster pan. Add water to the roaster pan to reach halfway up the side of the baking dish.

Bake for 1 hour. Remove baking dish from water bath immediately. Let stand for 20 minutes.

Serve while still warm. Spoon into dessert bowls. Drizzle each serving with warm Ol' Southern Plantation Praline Sauce. Top with whipped cream and add a scoop of vanilla if desired.

Yield: 9 HUGE servings!

OL' SOUTHERN PLANTATION PRALINE SAUCE
Yield: 8 cups

2 cups unsalted butter, cubed, divided use
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3 pounds light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat 1 cup of the butter in a large saucepan until melted. Add the pecans and mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook until the pecans begin to change color. Be careful! This mixture will foam over, so use a large saucepan (3 quarts or larger).

Add the remaining 1 cup of butter and mix will. This will cool the pecan mixture and stop the cooking process. Remove from heat.

Combine the brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a large (4 quart) sauce pan and mix well. Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly. Increase heat. Using a candy thermometer, cook to exactly 230 degrees.

Immediately stir in pecan mixture. Then add sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Remove from heat.

Serve over Famous Dave's Bread Pudding, but save some for vanilla ice cream, French toast, pancakes, etc.

th_IMG_0438.jpg

th_IMG_0451.jpg

Ain't nuthin wrong with some Famous Dave's....

Famous Daves BBQ is O.K. But there Bread Puddin is da Bomb!!!!

Hmm, the Dave's here has the worst ribs and pulled pork I have ever tried to eat. I've even sent food back cuz it was so horrible. I'd rather go to Applebee's and get riblets... No, wait, I'd rather eat at Arby's.

Dave's brisket was actually really good IMO though. don't know how they screw everything else up so bad...

Never had the puddin', I'll give it a whack!

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I was using the camera on my iphone. I'll be making some more this week and will take some better quality pictures.

Wow - a half gallon of sauce for 9 servings of bread pudding. The recipie does look good though - guess you could divide the sauce recipie.

I left out the raisins....I'm not a fan. I also I cut the praline sauce recipe in half and still had plenty left over. I'll be able to use it this weekend when I make another batch of breadpudding.

Back