THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Ok, just two beers before switching to water. But two counts, right? Blackstone, chick fry cooked the wet way. Green Chile topped most everything. I learned about The Blackstone here. This is my second one and it's probably 4-5 years old. Pellet Cookers, I learned about them from this forum. Fire management on my offset, yep- here. Ceramic Cookers, here too. A lot of cookers have come and gone in my time here.
IMG_20240508_135521_MP.jpgIMG_20240508_135738.jpgIMG_20240508_142534_MP.jpgA lot of good cooks have done the same.

Cooking, thinking and drinking..........a primal pleasure that I'm truly enjoying in retirement.

Time spent in the smoke is not deducted from one's life, just like fishing. :)
Drinking and thinking don't mix well with me, As im sure you know.
Hence this post.

Can't go wrong with that way of doing things! I've never heard of doing chicken that way,do tell please?

Can't go wrong with that way of doing things! I've never heard of doing chicken that way,do tell please?
There was a famous restaurant at The Amarillo Stockyards for years. Famous for their ribeye (Democratic Steak with Republican Flavor) may have that backwards. Then there was their Chicken fried steak. Wet batter, cooked on a flat top in clarified butter. This is my version. Seasoned Flour, egg, milk. Mix it a tad thicker than pancake batter. Let your cutlets hang out in the batter. I do most of this outside, but even inside there is a minimal amount of mess. I used bacon grease. Regular butter works too. IMG_20240508_135542_MP.jpg

About the Pam in above photo. After cook and food removed, I scrape the griddle to the oil catcher. Then I add water while hot and steam off nasty bits and scrape to catcher. Then I hit the still very hot griddle with Pam, or some other oil. Cleaned and seasoned ready to go next time in a minute or two

Thanks for the clean-up tip Adams. I just got mine. Actually Mrs. Lobo just got hers for anniversary present (that's what she wanted). I have been the only one to cook on it and that has been only twice so far. Seasoned it like per the instructions and cleaned after the first cook as per same Cooked about a week ago and had to scrub a layer of rust before I could cook. Made sure I gave it a good oil coating before putting to bed the last time and so far it is OK. Maybe I'll try using it more often due to summer coming up and a good way to keep from heating up the house!

Back