Comfort Food- Chili

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
36° cold drizzle and fog. Beautiful day for chili. I even followed instructions. If you've never tried this brand, worth a shot. I enjoy it.
There was a sale, not sure if still ongoing. Worth it at full price too

Last edited:
I just finished making some and the Mrs. would not let me put any of her Patron Sliver in the pot.

Last edited:
^^^ Your Mrs tell you what does or does not go in Chili?

Revoked Man Card.

mancardrevoked.jpg

That does indeed look righteous. Think I would have added some peppers.
How hot is that stuff?

From the box it's a medium- for me. Perhaps a mild+
For The Bride, it's at the upper end**, she ate a couple bowls and did not try to tame it with sour cream or anything. Any heat that's there is a polite heat. By that I mean it gently warms and moistens below the eyes, top of head and behind the ears. A gradual warming that caresses the palate and doesn't choke the throat. I added two greens to mine.El Yucateca and Tabasco. Not much. Just raised heat a tad for me.

**Wife takes some meds that have made her extremely sensitive to heat, and she was fine with this mix even saying would make great stacked enchiladas or taco salad. .

I received my order for this chili seasoning yesterday, anxious to try it over the weekend. Glad to know it isn’t over the top with the heat level as my wife would not be able to handle it.

Back