Brisket Lockdown - IN PROGRESS

Michigan BBQ Fan

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Scott
HI Brethern,

Great day to BBQ. Here in the Midwest it's sunny but a bit chilly. Got luck on a brisket at Kroger yesterday (Yes, I wore a mask.) Going to try an update this step-by-step and keep you in the loop in progress.

First, a quick reading to make sure I'm on track...

uc

Ready to trim...

uc

Ready to rub and then get smokin'

I like it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. Hope it keeps going well. A bit of trouble tuning the WSM in. I let it get way too hot on startup and been trying to tweak it back into range. Been smokin' at around 250 but trying to keep this one more around 225ish. I got nothing but time so I want to let the brisket have the time to breakdown and be amazing.

Sorry for the delay, while it is done and eaten...I'm going to go in order...

First I fired up from Jealous Devil XL lump charcoal. This burns clean but it burns HOT. They have a new briquette product (MAXX) coming out soon that I'm hoping will be a little easier to control in the WSM....

uc

You can't tell from the photo but I did sort of a "Harry Soo's Donut" with the lump and hardwood. I'm out of nice/clean chunks but I found a stash of Apple and put a big ol' piece in to produce the smoke....

uc

Awesome!

How old is your GSP? Mine is a year and a half

5f66217675d7636cfb62cea76662db41.jpg

Aww. What a cutie!

We just rescued her (Georgia) as the pandemic started. She came from a rescue in Indiana and our best guess is she might be around 12. This is our third GSP and 2nd that we rescued as a senior.

Aww. What a cutie!

We just rescued her (Georgia) as the pandemic started. She came from a rescue in Indiana and our best guess is she might be around 12. This is our third GSP and 2nd that we rescued as a senior.

That’s awesome. I thought she looked a bit older. I had a previous GSP for 14 years. Fantastic dogs:)

Back