THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i have the kindling cracker, i have to use a pretty big sledge hammer to drive my oak splits thru it, with quite a lot of force

I think I use a five pound sledge but will need to double check.

There are 2 sizes of KC, I have both and only the large is capable of cutting splits in half. The smaller one is for chunks or light duty splitting.

Beautiful smoker Erikg!

I believe I asked you this a while back on a different thread, but would you be willing to disclose your freight cost? I see you're in Oakland and I am in Phoenix area. While not super close, it'll give me a ballpark of what to expect to pay.

If you're unwilling to disclose, I apologize for bugging you on that front.

Regardless, enjoy the smoker!

Thank you
Sorry I didn’t respond to you on the other thread. So Phil puts the smoker up to bid on uShip. I got quotes from 550 to well over 4000. I ended up paying 850 because I couldn’t make the lowest bid work with my schedule. When I was shopping smokers shipping was a big part of the expense so 850 to Northern California wasn’t bad. I would imagine Arizona wouldn’t be bad but Phil can’t really give you a quote since he doesn’t ship it. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Do you have the large Kindling Cracker? It may be help. I use mostly almond wood and am able to split it with the KC, although I agree it is harder than most other wood I’ve split. And knots are a PIA!

Congrats again on a fine cooker!

I got an off brand one. It’s 8” wide. Do you use a 4lb single jack? Some logs weren’t bad but others weren’t worth the effort lol

I got an off brand one. It’s 8” wide. Do you use a 4lb single jack? Some logs weren’t bad but others weren’t worth the effort lol

I use a 5lber, I think, but need to check. KC is also 8 inch diameter. I select each piece of wood when I buy so I don’t get too large or odd shaped splits.

@Erik, I got your PM, sending a reply shows your inbox is full. So in short, thanks for the info!

Looking forward to more cook pics on that thing.

Back