THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The view of the lake behind your fire pit never gets old to look at. I'm sure you feel the same and your cook looked great also. Hope you caught some big fish as well. Thanks for sharing cowgirl!!! :hail:

Thank you Marty, Bob, ssv and Murray! :grin:

I'll hold your beer!
Nice cooking Girl!
lol Thanks Phu! I couldn't decide which was more important to hold, my corn or my "MINE". :-D

Great Minds?? Just returned from fishing the San Juan with a 20# sack of Anasazi beans and 5 bottles of Adobe Milling bean spice.

You eat well on your fishing trips. I use a microwave :))

Great looking meal cowgirl !!
Adam's thanks!! Sounds like you had a great trip!! Nice score on the beans and spice too. I've not tried the spice but will look for it here. Thanks!

Sam and Gary, thanks!! Only had one day that was windy (the bacon blew off of the grill) The rest of the time was pretty nice. :)

Just wonderful!

I haven't seen Anasazi beans here in PA. Is their flavor akin to a kidney bean or a navy bean?

Bruce thanks!! They taste more like pinto beans. They don't take quite as long to cook though. They are my favorites! :-D

Wow that all looks great. I really enjoy long cooks over a real fire, not that I could ever match that. We are having out first real cold front hit tomorrow driving temps down to the 40's at night and 60's to low 70's during the day; perfect for firing up the ranch grill.

Dave thanks!! That does sound like perfect slow cookin' weather. :)

Thank you George, Terry and grc! There isn't much meat on a back rib but they are tasty to gnaw on. :laugh::laugh:

drooling_zpsec70d598.gif

Looks good! It also looks like you're at lake Texoma..:)

Thank you Pitbull! I've not been to Texoma but hear that the fishing is good there. I'm up in the northwest part of ok, with the sage and yucca. lol

As usual, looks fantastic Jeanie!...I really want to start "open fire" cooking...now to find a tire rim....and a lake...
Keith you need to! I'm sure you would love the tractor rim. Thanks!

Thank you Keith, Blythewood, Toast and Blue!

The view of the lake behind your fire pit never gets old to look at. I'm sure you feel the same and your cook looked great also. Hope you caught some big fish as well. Thanks for sharing cowgirl!!! :hail:

Jadog, thanks! I love it out there. :) Caught quite a few fish too. :-D

Simply amazing,
and outstanding,
and incredible!

Joe thanks! Can't wait to see your SF smoker. :thumb:

Thanks again everyone!

Great cook!! I just got a 10 pd bag of anasazi's in the mail last week and can't wait to try them. I'm working on an "Appalachian brown bean" side dish and from what I have learned the Anasazi is the closest heritage bean to what they would have eaten in the old days here in the east, even though the Anasazi is a western bean. Not many heritage beans commercially available it seems.

Great cook!! I just got a 10 pd bag of anasazi's in the mail last week and can't wait to try them. I'm working on an "Appalachian brown bean" side dish and from what I have learned the Anasazi is the closest heritage bean to what they would have eaten in the old days here in the east, even though the Anasazi is a western bean. Not many heritage beans commercially available it seems.

That sounds great Shenco! Anasazis are my favorite. Similar to a pinto but take less time cooking. They do lose their pretty purple color when cooked but they are danged tasty. :grin:
Looking forward to seeing your cook!! Thanks!

Pretty pathetic but I've been spending a good amount of time researching dried beans and their history in the US. I find it interesting that in the old days when they grew everything they consumed in a garden, dried beans were an exception. Seems that dried beans were so cheap that it didn't make since to grow them, so the were traded or bought. If you want to try something special google "sea island peas", available from anson mills. They are an heirloom pea native to charleston, sc and their taste is amazing

Pretty pathetic but I've been spending a good amount of time researching dried beans and their history in the US. I find it interesting that in the old days when they grew everything they consumed in a garden, dried beans were an exception. Seems that dried beans were so cheap that it didn't make since to grow them, so the were traded or bought. If you want to try something special google "sea island peas", available from anson mills. They are an heirloom pea native to charleston, sc and their taste is amazing

Shenco thank you for the info! Those look like something I would enjoy. I love hoppin' john, field peas, purple hull and black eyed peas. I will give these a try too. Thanks so much! :grin:

Back