Another Fully Frozen Brisket Cook (overnight this time)

Looks like you may have lined your pan with either parchment paper or white butcher paper. Did you do that so that you can lift out the brisket when it is done and rest wrapped up without liquid?

Like the sriracha binder.

Thanks,

Robert

Looks like you may have lined your pan with either parchment paper or white butcher paper. Did you do that so that you can lift out the brisket when it is done and rest wrapped up without liquid?

Like the sriracha binder.

Thanks,

Robert

I'm out of butcher paper so that was parchment. I actually have a rack on the bottom of this full pan to keep the brisket out of the liquid. The parchment keeps some of the "steaming" effect off the brisket since it is in the pan topped with foil.

Vented it for about 30mins and now it is in a cooler in my truck ready to go. Defatted the au jus and cut with some sauce for adding later. So now the drinking......waiting......drinking begins.........which one?

fU7TNUAl.jpg

0c9EEoNl.jpg

DaKaFl9l.jpg

We did get little Caesars........but that is only because it is awesome and had been part of the plan all along.

Some folks wanted pizza and since I love little Caesars we ran out to get some. My new favorite thing in the world is a brisket sandwich with pizza as the bun.

Ate 3 of them.

Brisket was just as good as any. I couldn't tell any difference from cooking it thawed, just like times before. And no there was the wiser.

So if in a bind, job need to unfreeze a brisket. Just start cooking it.
20201114_174918.jpg20201114_174948.jpg20201114_175035.jpg20201114_175617.jpg20201114_180438.jpg20201114_180533.jpg

Ok, now I gotta try that, all that! Not sure if you remember but, Little Ceasars had Big Mo promote a bbq pizza with pulled pork, brisket and bacon that was killer. I wrote them several times asking when it was coming back...crickets.

Ok, now I gotta try that, all that! Not sure if you remember but, Little Ceasars had Big Mo promote a bbq pizza with pulled pork, brisket and bacon that was killer. I wrote them several times asking when it was coming back...crickets.

I never had that one, oddly. But sounds amazing.

We were joking that for the price of a pack of Hawaiian rolls that we'd just continue to buy $5 little Caesars for bread since it comes with cheese and sauce :biggrin1:

I never had that one, oddly. But sounds amazing.

We were joking that for the price of a pack of Hawaiian rolls that we'd just continue to buy $5 little Caesars for bread since it comes with cheese and sauce :biggrin1:

Love Hawaiian rolls, but the Little Caesars idea is sheer genius. I'd say you think out of the box, but that box was sent out in the recycle bin years ago. I love your mad scientist cooks.

Robert

Love Hawaiian rolls, but the Little Caesars idea is sheer genius. I'd say you think out of the box, but that box was sent out in the recycle bin years ago. I love your mad scientist cooks.

Robert

We joked that we'll make it a tradition and I think we genuinely will. Our friends buy the pizza and we'll bring some bbq meat.

You should have seen the kids eyes light up when they asked what sides are we having with brisket.......and the answer was "pizza", lol :becky:

Back