THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sako, you really are the burger king around here. And, I really need to get with the program here and try burgers ground from something better than chuck, especially if I can get ribeye for the same or less!

Thanks for the motivation!

wow, that looks great. Never thought of ribeye for a burger. Gonna have to try that.

It’d be criminal not to :becky:

Absolutely! :laugh:

Only time it was not criminal was when I made a A5 wagyu/ribeye burger when Russ Jones (Smoky Ribs) had a 100k subscriber throwdown in 2017. One of my best burgers naturally. I was the first runner up and shy of 3 point IIRC of taking the grand prize.

It was a 90 second video entry challenge and lots of fun. A lot of farkin work. :shock:

My video entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdP1CB99n54

The burger

DKe1tH5h.jpg

I had a full on set going in my backyard

nu0SwGvh.jpg

This guy's no idiot... Well done Sako!

Never thought of using Ribeyes. Enough fat in there for burgers?

Thanks Andy!

More than plenty with the choice steaks I had. I actually had extra patties for the next day and sitting in the fridge they "aged" a day and were even more delicious. :

1OPOjPTh.jpg

Sako, you really are the burger king around here. And, I really need to get with the program here and try burgers ground from something better than chuck, especially if I can get ribeye for the same or less!

Thanks for the motivation!

Thanks Richard!

Ralphs is the ticket. You know how I feel about their meat dept. Word is they get a lot of their beef (depending the area) from Harris Ranch.

Ya never disappoint, California!
I always enjoy yer burger threads, I also enjoy all the members chasing ya fer that badass burger crown!
What's with lsg? C'mon...lol

-D

THAT burger looks STOOPID good!!!

Have yet to do the Hatch seasoning on burgers... Gotta rectify that situation STAT!!!

Killer burger! love me a ribeye burger

Thank bro! Absolutely!

Ya never disappoint, California!
I always enjoy yer burger threads, I also enjoy all the members chasing ya fer that badass burger crown!
What's with lsg? C'mon...lol

-D

:oops: :redface:

Thanks brother! LSG is chugging along. I do use it but don't "feature" much. It's too hot now but last Sunday I did stick burner chicken. Some of the best chicken out there :hungry:

d1g5bqWh.jpg

THAT burger looks STOOPID good!!!

Have yet to do the Hatch seasoning on burgers... Gotta rectify that situation STAT!!!

Thanks brotha!

You gots to Jeremy! I've been hooked on the Casa and Red Chile seasonings on chicken. Oh my!

How you liking that fire basket? I picked one up for mine and it's been one of those things I would have said I didn't need until I actually used one. Mine has been a really nice addition.

How you liking that fire basket? I picked one up for mine and it's been one of those things I would have said I didn't need until I actually used one. Mine has been a really nice addition.

I love it. As soon as I saw it I saw its potential. No more effort maintaining the small hot fire. It's a must IMHO.

I even use it in my 26 Weber when i want to grill with splits

OzXHHbjh.jpg

Back