What hot sauces do you keep in your arsenal?

I've never cared for the flavor of Tabasco sauce.
Most any good cayenne sauce is my preferred choice.
I also keep a bottle of Pickapeppa on hand just for
an occasional change of pace.

Some of my favorites are La Anita but they can lean towards “endorphin rush” sometimes. I always pick up a bunch leaving Mexico at the airport. Really good.

Lots of good sauces out there. I rotate through the regulars (all mentioned above) but only keep only one open at a time.

I also keep a second bottle at all times of Khan's Island sauce. It is just well balanced to me. http://www.khansislandsauce.com/

I occasionally have a 3rd bottle of sriracha or Melinda's or TN Sunshine.

Reaper Squeezins is good for an incredibly potent habanero/ghost/bonnet sauce

Tobasco makes the world go round

Valentina Original and Black are also best on the most stuff

Pickapeppa "Jamaican Ketchup" cannot be left out

Tiger Sauce is drinkable

I like that green El Yucatan quite a bit, too. Wish it were easier to come by bulk green habaneros here in the states.

Ta patio and chrystal. If pikka-peppa is a hot sauce then that too.

I am seriously disappointed in y'all. We in the Carolina's know that Texas Pete is where it's at. I also, am a big fan of Frank's and any Louisiana Hot Sauce. Tabasco's flavor is blah, but I would love to try a mexican/hispanic based hot sauce. Slap Yo Mama is pretty good too.

Lucky Dog makes many different flavors and spice levels all of which have an incredible depth of flavor. Ghost Scream is delicious and not as hot as it sounds, they also make jelly and jam that are hotter than the sauce and also very tasty. My favorite on pizza is The Pepper Plants chunky garlic sauce. Gringo Bandito sauces are pretty tasty. Bravado Spice Co. has some good sauces. Yellow Birds serrano sauce (I haven’t tried the others yet) is very good.

As mentioned above Chalula, El Yucateco, Tapatio, Sriracha, and Secret Aardvark are tasty as well.

There is one more that I'm never without:

U96yEZw.jpg

I am seriously disappointed in y'all. We in the Carolina's know that Texas Pete is where it's at. I also, am a big fan of Frank's and any Louisiana Hot Sauce. Tabasco's flavor is blah, but I would love to try a mexican/hispanic based hot sauce. Slap Yo Mama is pretty good too.
i dont think u can be disappointed in anyone if u haven't tried a Mexican (most other hispanic countries food isn't hot) hot sauce lol

Louisiana sauces are all pretty similar. I like Tobasco, and it's slightly lower sodium

Cholula and cholola chipotle and Malcom Reeds garlic hot sauce.

I bet we have 20 different sauces around. all the standard ones, many I gotta try this sauces, gifts, and home made. probably more than that

I usually just have Cholula and Tabasco. But for the last two years my in-laws have gotten me some sample packs for Christmas. Which is fun, but takes up a lot of space!

The breakfast joint gave me Lola's a few months ago and I kinda like that. Not very spicy, but almost garlicy, or something.

I didn't realize there was such a variety, so I just took inventory. Here's what I'm currently working with:
Tabasco - love the flavor without the salty taste of the Louisiana sauces
Sriracha - especially good on pork rinds
Dave's Gourmet Ghost Pepper Sauce - HOT!!!
St. Elmo's Very Spicy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce - tearjerker horseradish heat
Robert Rothschild's Pineapple Habanero Glaze - nice sweet and hot
Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce - very mild

Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Pepper Sauce, been using it for 20+ years.

That horseradish sauce would be bomb in Ceasars and cocktail sauce. May have to try that one.

I have a bunch. I like most of the big name brands, but it does depend on what I'm eating for which one I grab.

This is an excellent pizza sauce if you like garlic:
https://www.amazon.com/Cry-Baby-Cra...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

And Melinda's green sauce is great on anything Mexican:
https://www.amazon.com/Melindas-Gre...elindas+green+hot+sauce&qid=1620442498&sr=8-3
Never tried Melinda's green but always have Melinda's XXXtra Hot around. The XXXXtra is good also but too hot for me.

Store bought- Tabasco, Tapatio, Sriracha
Homemade: yellow (hot) orange (really hot) green (hot w/ cilantro and lime juice) red (#$&@*! HOT)
All made with a mix of fermented hot chilies including habanero, scotch bonnets, lemon drop, cayenne, Carolina reaper, Bhut Jolokia and, Scorpion.

Yellow is probably around 50k Scoville, Red might be north of 150k

If you are into hot sauce I really suggest trying making some at home. It is fun, easy and really tasty.

Back