Help Identifying...

cyberstrategist

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm trying to identify the smoker in the attachment. The decal looks like it was above the thermometer on the right-hand door. I'm trying to find more information out about it. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 20210413_192857.jpg
    20210413_192857.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 288
Cyber it looks similar to a Backwoods but I'm not positive.

Yeah, you may be right. Their "The Whole Hog" model looks like a newer version but in stainless.

Anyone here have this version (in the picture) of Backwoods to confirm?

I sent a message to Backwoods support to see if it is one of theirs.

Anyone else want to take a guess at who makes this smoker?

I'm trying to identify the smoker in the attachment. The decal looks like it was above the thermometer on the right-hand door. I'm trying to find more information out about it. Thanks in advance!!

Is it your smoker? I see it's on a trailer which is awkward considering you would need to add fuel from the front and sides with the doors open. Platform in front suggest this anyway.

swf5mhr.jpg

Last edited:
Is it your smoker? I see it's on a trailer which is awkward considering you would need to add fuel from the front and sides with the doors open. Platform in front suggest this anyway.

swf5mhr.jpg

Yes, I just picked it up a couple of days ago. I need to do some clean-up and some repairs to it but, in general, it's good to go.

It's been sitting for a while.

You are correct about feeding it fuel. The doors are at an awkward spot for that. The goal for me is to eventually move it to the back of a catering trailer. At that point, I can put it on a stand and have it a bit higher, although, not too much because it actually is pretty high now.

Nice score!

Any photos of the inside, and does it run on briquettes/lump?

You may be able to cook for many hours without reloading coals or lump?

Good luck with your smoker, I can’t help you identify the maker.

Nice score!

Any photos of the inside, and does it run on briquettes/lump?

You may be able to cook for many hours without reloading coals or lump?

Good luck with your smoker, I can’t help you identify the maker.

I just fired it up for the first time an hour ago. I'll be doing B&B Hickory lump to start and switch to straight pecan once to temp. At least, that's the plan. I need to refurbish a couple of items (door gaskets, rust spots, and PID replacement) before I can answer those questions though.

The guy who owned it last did whole hog competition smoking on it but I don't have any information that I can reach out to and get him for information.

It truly does look like an older Backwoods "Whole Hog" model cooker but they said it's not one of theirs.

Inside pictures... They also look like the Backwoods photos from their site.

Forgive all the filth. I'm heating it to clean it thoroughly...

Attachments

• 20210415_131058.jpg
    20210415_131058.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210415_131044.jpg
    20210415_131044.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210415_131035.jpg
    20210415_131035.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 57
Back