Xmas Deals Pizza Oven & Griddle

Smokeat

is one Smokin' Farker
Cabela's has a couple of deals that some of y'all might be interested in. I saw this nowhere else on here, so I hope this helps.

The Blackstone 36" Griddle is now $250, $50 lower than I have seen.

The Blackstone Pizza Oven will be $300, again $50 lower than I have seen, on December 12-18, according to their ad.

Not a bit of wood or coal will be burnt on either machine! If you can get past that, both cookers have their fans. I have the griddle and like it, not as much as ssv3 likes his, but there is no real equivelent for near the price.

I have had my eye on the SE PizzaKettle kit for Weber kettle grills, but at $400 it is WAY too expensive. Folks on PizzaMaking forum seem to like the Blackstone Pizza Oven more, for making high temp pies, at a cheaper price, usually $350-$400 for a standalone unit. Of course a WFO is better, but you really have to want it and the Blackstone and PizzaKettle are easily portable.

Shipping is free now, although I am not sure if there is an additional "heavy item" charge.

Pizza Oven(price not lowered yet) :http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...798880;cat104754780;cat104276880#BVQAWidgetID

Griddle :http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...8280?WTz_l=Unknown&WTz_l=Unknown;cat486188280

I highly recommend the Black Stone pizza oven if you don't have the room or the money for a wfo.
At $300 I would not hesitate. I paid $370 for mine with shipping and a peel. I would pay that again if I couldn't get it for $300.

Merry Xmas to me! $18 heavy item surcharge, but no tax. Until I make a WFO this should be fun. Should be here next week.

Maybe pizza instead of tamales on Xmas eve. Thanks for the endorsment, jsperk.

You're welcome. My only complaint is I didn't buy it sooner.
Now it's freezing outside but I don't think I can go back to oven pies.

I will be cold smoking some cheese for my pizza's this weekend.

I've got the griddle. I enjoy it, but it could be better I think.

For the pizza oven, do you really get much advantage out of it vs in the oven? With a wood fired oven, you get the smokiness and goodness from the wood fire. Does a propane pizza cooker work out good? Not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to understand.

I've got the griddle. I enjoy it, but it could be better I think.

For the pizza oven, do you really get much advantage out of it vs in the oven? With a wood fired oven, you get the smokiness and goodness from the wood fire. Does a propane pizza cooker work out good? Not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to understand.

Don't you wish Weber had engineered the griddle? I do like it, but it really needs refinement. That said, I knew I had to have it the first time I saw it.

Some pizza obsessives don't think you get much wood smoke flavor when cooking pies at 700 degrees plus. People are getting temps near 900 on the BS oven, required for neopolitan style pies. Pizza's cook in less than 3 minutes. Home ovens rarely hit 500 degrees.

I have never made a neo. pizza in my life, but there are a bunch of those who do, and they really seem to like the Blackstone oven, so for the price I am excited to give it a spin.

Don't you wish Weber had engineered the griddle? I do like it, but it really needs refinement. That said, I knew I had to have it the first time I saw it.

That is a perfect description! I do like the griddle and use it quite a lot, but it could use some refinement!

And that makes sense in regards to the 3-5 min pizzas and not picking up much smoke from a wood fire at high temps. If you end up picking one up, you definitely will need to give us a review along with lots of pics of your pies!

I can't compare it to wood fired oven since I don't have one but I did one pie at 1 min 30 second and really nice char and the char seemed to give a nice smokey taste. One guy on the pizza forum said he BS results and 95% the same as his wfo results.

There is no comparing my oven pies to my BS pies. The high heat just makes pizza better in my opinion.

My Weber or ceramic grill will never bake another pizza.

I can't wait or Sunday to fire up my BS.

Uh-oh. I just may have to buy that pizza oven!

Take the plunge. I love the rotating stone.

The new ones have a 5 psi regulator. Not sure how much difference that makes from the 10 psi regulator I have. I don't even crank mine full since I been doing ny style at around 675/700.

I went through the process and it charged shipping and extra heavy weight charge. I used code 453sig and it knocked off shipping.

Free shipping to store. Or like an extra $20 to your home.

I am a Cabela Visa card member. Made some purchases today and everything was free shipping in the lower 48 states.
This occured this afternoon.

I have both of them and they are great. We ran a food vending business this year using them. Added another pizza oven and we were rocking fresh dough pizza with 2 min cook time.

I can vouch for the 36" griddle as well. I love it. Like the guys said it can use some refinements but I'm very happy with it right out the box. I think for $300 the griddle is a deal. Just the thick/heavy duty top is worth it.

I've been eyeing the pizza oven. Hmmmm... if I had more space.

BTW Lowe's has the 36" griddle for 269+tax. So $300 out the door at least around here.

How would the pizza oven work for steaks trying to replicate the Ruths Chris style high heat and even cooking from top down?

There are quite a few that use some cast iron fajita pans and heat them up then slap a steak on it and let her go in the pizza oven. Never tried it but they swear by it. If you search youtube for the oven you will find quite a few different things to cook in the oven.

Back