THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've had mine, non KO, for over a year and have been pretty happy with it. Have to be careful or you can mess up your tip.
Watch the You Tube vids.

Picked one up at an estate sale, happy I was practicing on a not so good knife when I burned the tip off:oops:

not good at eyeballing angles so I like the KO version. I can get all kitchen knifes razor sharp in 1/2 hour and the edge last about 1/2 a year... sure beats the time and effort of stones!

bonus you can use on axes, lawn mower blades, scissors etc...

Congratulations Adams, you´re gonna love it!

I need to re-do my knives with the KO version.

1st time I went thru the whole process and used most of the belts. I´m guessing I don´t need to do that again unless some knife is really dull. What band do you use to re-sharpen you knives?

I’m a beginner at the Work Sharp. Then again I’m pleased with the 312 Electric too. I was pleased with results of a few passes either side with the medium grit. I’m fortunate to have less expensive knives for daily use. None are any I would deliberately hurt, but none so valuable that I’d waste time worrying. I slice and dice and not very much chopping with my knives. I use a bamboo or plastic cutting board. Very little damage done to blades. I had what I thought were a nice set of Ceramic Knives gifted to me. Some of those chipped so I tossed them all.

Last edited:
I have been happy with my chefs choice, can't mess anything up :-D which I am sure would happen on the belt sander

Wife: does that thing sharpen scissors?
Me: Yes, It does-says so right here on the box.

She handed me a pair of Fiskars that would barely cut paper
Watched a 2 minute YouTube video. Learned how to change guides and belt grits and sharpened her scissors. In less than 5 minutes.

Now it’s “our” sharpener