Wi-Fi therms

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I have a couple Amazon GC and I'm tired of walking ALL THE WAY into the kitchen to check grill and meat temps. I'm looking for a reliable 2 probe therm I can just look at my phone and see what's cookin (get it?)
Ed

I have the fireboard 6 probe. Never had any problems with it. Very reliable. And it has an option to control temps via drive on an offset, or charcoal grill or smoker.

I’ve become a big fan of the Meater - I bought a single probe unit from Big Poppa Smokers with my generous Throwdown win prize and have been really happy with it. I also bought my dad one and he loves it. He bought me a Meater block with 4 probes for my birthday recently, which is kind of like 8 probes in four since each does both meat temp and ambient. Their app is pretty good and I even find that their “finish time” projections to be fairly accurate. I would be looking at a Fireboard if I need something that can drive a fan. I have a Flame Boss 300 and have used it for about 6 years, been generally happy with it, but I find myself having to replace the pit probes more often than I’d like.

Last edited:
I have a FireBoard. Both on the Yoder and a stand alone unit. No problems at all, FireBoard works very well.

I use thermoworks, The one I have doesn't have a phone app but there is a transmitter and receiver, I carry the receiver around, It has a high and low temp alarm. Range is pretty long close to a mile. I don't go that far from it but further than bluetooth.
Save yourself some time and get the 4 port, it's a little more but you can monitor multiple meats and spots on the smoker or grill

I use a Thermoworks Signals. 4 ports and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. I can monitor my Pit temp and meat temps from inside on either my Phone or Ipad. With current FL "feels like" temps routinely in excess of 100 degrees, happy to stay inside when possible.

Another vote for thermoworks.

I use a Thermoworks Signals. 4 ports and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. I can monitor my Pit temp and meat temps from inside on either my Phone or Ipad. With current FL "feels like" temps routinely in excess of 100 degrees, happy to stay inside when possible.

I really like the Thermoworks tools I've gotten so far...
I'm just waiting for their next site wide sale and I'm gonna pick up the Signals unit like you mentioned here!!

cayenne

I purchased my thermoworks signals black friday sale of 2020 since I use a fan sometimes, which does take up one of your four ports. I like the app as I can be cooking on a kamado or IVS at home while at work and pull up everything on one screen quickly.

I have had some issues with mine over the years, as I have had 3 signals replaced. The first occurred within a few months of purchase, one of the probe ports came loose and the probe couldn't connect. Thermoworks sent me one out and I had it the next day or day after (along with the jelly beans in every order), and I sent my old one back. Second one I was doing a cook for work and the signals wouldn't connect to the app. I was on the phone with customer support and they advised me to use my tablet or another device to see if it wasn't my phone. When that didn't work, they sent me a new one and I finished the cook by just looking at the screen on the signals since that all still worked.

Overall, I'm still happy with it, and I bought my dad one for Christmas a year or two ago and his has had no issues at all. Now I'm in the market for a meater block or some other type of wireless probe, since the tangling of wires is getting old when cooking a lot of different meats on the same offset, and the wires don't reach all the way across the smoker.

Only issue that I have had with my Signals is that a couple of the probes have failed. Otherwise, no issues. I think I have three other ThermoWorks digital products and all are working just fine.

I also use the Thermoworks Signals with 4 ports. Works quite well. I have not had any problems with the probes but I am very careful with them both at the smoker and when washing them.

I have found that the BT was a little hard to get it to connect and the range is not great but I use the WiFi and that has worked great.

The app allows you to not only monitor the temps but you can set the alarms and turn them on/off from the app.

Back